Chapter 11

Seth knows he's awake, but it makes no difference. He might as well be imagining everything. The darkness inclosing him never disappeared, trapping him in it's embrace. There was no sound, no scent, nothing to help him judge where he was. Making even his consciousness seem surreal, imagined.

the only thing he felt was pain. From his ankle that was still somewhat fractured after he decided to jump off a tree, again. From, his head that pounded even though nothing happened ever since he became aware of what's around him. From the walls that trapped him from all sides, crushing his shoulders, making his legs bend in unnatural angles. All the pain was magnified, until he couldn't feel them anymore. 

Just when the world seem to fade out of him, he was yanked back to reality. 

By two pairs of footsteps. 

They were clicking down what seems to be a concrete hallway. Crisp, clean, almost dangerous. passing by his cage without a second thought. That's a good sign, they don't know I'm awake, they don't need to know. The footsteps stopped, just a little bit past his cell, and was replaced by silence. 

Seth closed his eyes, not that it made any difference, and listened. There was the quiet snapping of a pen cap, then a click, then the tapping of the pen, against a hard surface. 

"This one is Matt right?" A female voice asked, followed by flipping papers. 

"Yes miss." An almost husky male voice answered, clearly from a much higher altitude than the female. 

"Take him"

After four beeps of a keypad, something slid open, then the footsteps returned, followed by the unmistakable sound of fabric against the floor.