Chapter 12

Matt woke up on the floor, hands tied, mouth taped, stuck staring at people's legs from under a table. He dared not to move, for his consciousness would become obvious when he did. And judging from what he's hearing, that's not a good thing. 

"When he wakes up, we need to inject the chip into him, he should have the privilege of knowing what's in him." A female voice said, almost sarcastic, from the direction of a pair of red high-heels.

"You're right, if he knows that much, it would mean more benefits on our side." A man with elegant moccasins added. 

"We might finally be able to implant some acceptance into those filthy kids, how that rebellious mindset lasted so long is a bewilderment. But at last, the right can finally have their say." a person with a pair of flats sighed, as if she's finally shaking off some terrible burden. 

"Don't say that. we're trying to collect data from those kids. and dare I say, We're doing quite well. You're jinxing us." Moccasins said. 

"I know, I get it. How much time left?" Flats seems bored. 

"Anytime now."

Three polite knocks sounded on the door, then it creaked open, footsteps marched in, stopped for a mere second by the rustles of fabric, then continued, right till they're beside Matt's feet. He was yanked from beneath the table, giving him a quick view of the room, then his sight was taken by a sac thrown over his head. 

He was released for a second, dropped on the floor unceremoniously, banging his limbs against the concrete floor. At least now he can move, everything else is secondary. 

He swung his leg at the direction from where he was dropped, hoping to catch the person by surprise. He made contact, doing his job with a touch of professionalism, and smiled with a bit of pride when the man fell over, knocking over the table judging from the shattering glass and fluttering papers. His fight with Seth are coming to good use. He must repay Seth someday, with a good fight of course. 

His victory did not last long. All he could do from the on was to swing his legs aimlessly, hoping for it to hit something, to make something fall over. But that was not easy to do when you don't have your eyesight or hands to your advantage. His leg was caught by another large hand, lifting him until he was entirely in the air. 

Then he was knocked unconscious.