magic and blood*

"Are you with us?" Sasuke asked, his hand over mine as the piece of wood moved over to the 'yes' on the Ouija board.

"Holy shit, Sasuke." I said, unbelieving and undeniably scared.

Sasuke smiled, his breath reeking of alcohol.

My dreams were always of Sasuke.

"Hey, dobe, come here." He said, pulling me over to the bank of the river where we swam for hours under the moonlight.

Everything in my mind, Sasuke.

"Its not much, but Sai said he'd let me live here for a bit." He said, standing proud for cleaning and rearranging the room to his liking.

Sasuke, how long has it been?

"Apparently this spell brings the dead back to life." He said, one Halloween night. "If you take something like this," he said, grabbing the necklace he hung around my neck, "and cover it with your blood, and wish hard enough, you can do it." He smirked, now close enough to kiss me while the others rolled their eyes and continued telling scary stories around the campfire.

A spell.

"How many times are you going to watch that movie?" I scoffed, one day after coming home from work. He sat in my living room, gued tot he TV as he waited for me to arrive.

"I love scary movies, you know this." He said, smiling as the horrid villain slayed the victim in very gory details.

Scary movies. . . spells.

"Its a costume party, Sasuke, at least wear something. . costume-y." I said, fixing my hair on the mirror. He hugged me from behind.

"I'm going as me. The revived version from the dead." He smirked, kissing my neck.

From the dead. . spells. . . scary movies.

The pain in my head grew stronger, and I opened my eyes to stare once again into a completely white ceiling, along with completely white walls. No, this isn't an asylum. Its a hospital room. I'm in isolation, I think.

Scary movies. . spells. . . revival.

Revival.

" . . cover it with your blood, and wish hard enough, you can do it."

His words repeated in my head. My hands holding on tightly to the necklace he'd given me.

Could I do it?

If I couldn't die, could I bring him back to life?

If I die, and it turns out all theories are false, that we don't go anywhere. . .

Should I try this before I try dying?

I should.

I mean, just to see.

My eyes scanned the room, there was nothing I could use to draw blood.

Except. . could my teeth break through my skin?

I thought about what I was about to do. It seemed folish, but Sasuke said I could do it.

I could do it.

Only I can.

I can do it.

I yanked off the necklace, holding it in my left hand while my right hand came up to my mouth.

How do I do this?