- Chapter 1 -

[A/N: Hiii! I'm so sorry about the late update because I had a few...well...technical problems but I hope you like this chappie!! Enjoy! - Rose xx]

- One year later -

ROSE POV 

"Okay, girls. When I open the doors, just walk straight up the stairs and onto the stage. Here are your microphones and good luck," The lady instructor ordered, handing Ashleigh and me microphones.

My hands began shaking as Ash paced around the room. I silently went over my lines, hoping I wouldn't forget them. Once the doors opened, I took Ashleigh's hand and our shoes sounded on the floor as we nervously made our way on stage. I gave her a quick glance before staring at the four turned chairs in front of me. Each of them labeled 'Seal', 'Joel', 'Delta' and 'Ricky'. The drum player counted in and the music began to play. I nodded my head along to the music and I could see Ash tapping her foot.

She raised the microphone up to her mouth and sang the first set of lyrics beautifully, "This is more than a typical kind of thing. Felt the jones in my bones when you were touching me, uh oh. Didn't wanna take it slow,"

I took in a shaky breath before pelting out my lines, "In a daze, going crazy, I can barely think. You're replaying in my brain, find it hard to think, uh oh. Waiting for my phone to blow. Uh oh yep,"

While Ash began singing the rapping part, I noticed the audience clapping along to the beat as she did, "Now I'm here in a sticky situation. Gotta little trouble, yep, now I'm pacing. Five minutes, ten minutes, now it's been an hour. Uh don't wanna think too hard but I'm sour,"

"Uh oh, I can't seem to let you go," I sang, now dancing along.

Me and Ash smiled at each other before harmonising our favourite lyrics, "See, I've been waiting all day; for you to call me baby," The audience sang along with us and I could see Joel Madden stand up from his turned chair, his back facing to us. "So lets get up, lets get on it. Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight,"

"Honest baby, I'll do," I sang, while nodding my head to the beat.

"Anything you want to," Ashleigh danced in her spot as she pelted out the lyrics.

"So we can finish what we started don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight," We both harmonised and at that moment, my eyes lit up as Joel had pushed his button, his chair turning around as he stood, bobbing his head to the beat.

My head fell back and I beamed in excitement. Ash and I looked at each other before I sang the ending verse of our song, "Let's get up, lets get on it, don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight," I dragged the last note while I saw both Delta, Ricky and Seal's chairs spin around after they had pushed their buttons.

I heard Ash squeal in excitement and I ran over to her, squeezing her tight while the crowd cheered. I gripped her hand, the microphone in my other. "Hi," Seal greeted.

"Hello!" Ashleigh exclaimed into the microphone as we both took in shaky breaths.

"What are your names?" He asked with a sweet smile.

"I'm Rose," I explained and then gestured to Ash. "And this is Ashleigh,"

Seal nodded his head, "Are you both sisters or...?"

Ashleigh shook her head, "No no. We met over Twitter and I wanted to meet her because it was her birthday and we've been friends ever since,"

Seal raised his eyebrows, "Wow. Now, you know what I like about you two, Ashleigh and Rose?" He asked rhetorically. "I like the tone in your voices. And it's not you both individually; it's the way you both sound together and I think you both have something special when you sing together,"

The crowd cheered and I nodded in acknowledgement, as did Ash. "Hey girls," Ricky smiled. "The reason I turned around is because both your voices are so beautiful and I felt really connected with that and I think I'd be a great coach for you,"

Ash giggled and once again the crowd went wild and Delta laughed, "Girls, I'm really happy with myself that I turned around. You both being young female teenagers, I think we could all understand each other because I know what it's like to have this opportunity at a young age and I think I could really help you."

Joel put his hands on his hips before exclaiming, "Hi,"

"Hi!" I replied enthusiastically.

"Can I just say it's a pleasure to be standing in front of you two," Joel complimented.

"Aww thank you," Ashleigh blurted making me laugh as I nudged her while the crowd laughed at us. What can I say? We're unique.

"See? I'm still standing up for you. It's an unending standing ovation," Joel spoke, gesturing to his standing position, and I giggled. "Wanna know why I'm still standing?"

"Why?" I asked.

"'Cause I'm excited, man!!" He shouted quickly, earning a giggle from the crowd. "We have just experienced one of the most outrageous performances on The Voice so far and the reason I turned this chair," Joel pointed to his red chair that he was standing in front of, "Is because your voices made that performance fun. I wanted to get up and dance the whole time and I'm not even kidding. I will literally get on my knees and beg to have you guys on my team. We could seriously win together,"

Ashleigh gestured to the floor, "By all means! Beg!" I laughed at Ashleigh's playful attitude as Joel stepped off his chair platform and walked near the stairs of the stage and sat on his knees.

He put his hands together and looked at us both, "Please. You won't be sorry, I promise,"

I laughed, and everyone grew quiet; this was our time to choose who to work with. Ashleigh and I shared a knowing look. We had thought about this. We knew who we wanted to work with. She nodded her head, ordering me to speak. I glanced from Seal to Delta to Ricky then to Joel who was still begging on the floor. I slowly raised the microphone to my mouth and spoke, "Uhm, me and Ash have been thinking about this. And we've decided that we'd work best with Joel,"

The crowd cheered and Joel fell back onto the floor in victory as Ash laughed. Ae began walking to the stairs while Joel leapt off the ground and ran over to us, taking our hands and helping us down them like a gentlemen. Ashleigh squeezed Joel in a hug before pulling away. I opened my arms and embraced Joel as well and mumbled, "Thank you,"

"Thank YOU," He replied, pulling away.

I beamed, taking Ashleigh's hand as we rushed backstage. I cheered to our families that were waiting backstage for us. I hugged my mum and Ashleigh's mum, the smile never leaving my face for a second.

Finally, I turned to Ashleigh and held her tight in my arms. This was it. We finally made our dream. Together. We finally had a chance to do what we do best. I sighed, grinning as I whispered in Ash's ear, "We did it."