- Chapter 8 -

Hope you enjoy this chappie!!

~Ash xxx

Chapter 8

Ashleigh’s P.O.V

You should’ve said yes ;) ~ H x

What was I meant to reply to that? Was that supposed to mean he does like me or is he just being the flirt he always is. My face was scrunched up as I pondered at the thought almost completely forgetting where I was right now until someone asked a question relating to Rose and I.

“What made you want to get into this career?”

“I think for me I really love music and I really never had the courage to do it on my own and one day Rose and I heard each other singing and our voices mixed really well so we decided to audition for The Voice I think the main reason we auditioned for The Voice was because we are really big fans of Joel Madden also I think it was a lot less nerve wrecking for me to sing to them where they couldn’t see me and not judge me for my appearance.” I say laughing a bit where I mentioned Joel and took a gulp of the water I had on stage with me. Now this was nerve wrecking I could just imagine just how many of those girls are hating on me right now.

‘Oh she’s so ugly.’

‘Ew she’s so fat’

‘She can’t have Harry, she’s a stupid slut.’

I just picture those statements going through their heads and whispering to each other. I try to ignore these negative thoughts and carry on. Rose had something along the lines of what I said to answer the question. A few more questions and I kind of spaced out considering the last questions had nothing to do with me.

“Okay guys it’s time to have a little break as these guys go back stage and prepare for their performance!” The announcer well announced and we were walking off stage.

“Hey Ash are you okay? You seem a bit out of it.” Harry asked as he put a hand on my back I drank more water.

“Hmm? Oh yeah just a bit distracted.” I lie. I don’t even know why I’m worrying about hate I mean they haven’t even said anything yet. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down and went over to Rose we did a few warm ups the boys wished us good luck as we went stage to perform a cover of Grenade. I was so nervous especially since I sing first I was more nervous than I was on The Voice and I didn’t even know why. I hope people can’t see it on my face.

The music started and I started singing.

“Easy come easy go that’s just how you live

Oh take, take it all but you never give

Should’ve known you was trouble

From the first kiss had your eyes wide open

Why were they open?” I prayed to god my voice wasn’t shaky and that it was good enough for these Directioners and I guess the few that were our fans.

Rose sang her bit perfectly with her angelic voice as always.

“Gave you all I had

And you tossed in the trash

You tossed in the trash you did

To give me all your love is all I ever asked.”

We both sang the chorus in harmony but I kept over thinking if I was off pitch. My negative thinking went on through the whole song and I was relieved to finally be off stage. I sat down away from everyone and just kept drinking my water. Harry came and sat down next to me.