Chapter Twelve - The Seductress

I wake up and head to 7th Avenue South. Here, I will hopefully find the answer to my sexual dissatisfaction. My parents were never religious, so I wasn't made to be ashamed of touching myself, but I was always learning about the human body as a subject. When the urge hit me, I always got caught up in the physical makeup of the vagina and how the brain controlled so much of how it responded to stimulation. If that isn't a buzz kill, I don't know what is. If I ever felt a pang of excitement, I repressed it, knowing that it would lead to the need for more and I wasn't going to open that Pandora's box. I needed to stay focused on my academics. And so I did, until now. These urges aren't going away. Pandora's box has been opened, and its contents won't shut up.

Today, I am going to relieve the pressure valve that is building inside of me so I can work alongside Bodhi Wells and not find myself unconsciously grinding on his leg during surgery. I swear I will at this point, if something doesn't give.

I head into a shop called The Toy Box. Not that kind of toy box. As I peruse the aisles, I'm amazed at the selection of toys, books, costumes, accessories, manuals, DVDs, lotions, jewelry, CD,s, and even furniture. Looks like a hammock, but it's slightly different. There are maybe two or three other customers in here and even though we all know where we are and what we are here to buy, I'm still feeling a little embarrassed.

In front of me is a shelf with How To books. I stare at the How To Pleasure Me book with a picture of a woman, her eyes closed, kneeling on a bed and wearing lingerie. She isn't touching herself, but she is either about to or she already has. Whatever the scenario, she looks like she's floating in a dream. Give me some of that, I think, reaching for the book.

"Need help with anything specific?" I hear a voice behind me ask.

I spin around and instinctively try to hide the book from the heavily-tattooed, leather-clad, pierced clerk standing behind me.

"You don't have to hide it. It's all sex and porn. You're not fooling anyone. Not in here anyway," she continues on.

I toss it back on the shelf, "Right."

We stare at each other for a split second. Her red lips curve up on the edges and she does a quick eye brow raise.

"Follow me."

She spins in her tall black boots and shakes her ass all the way across the store, as I obediently follow her.

"Here we go. The Wall," she announces to me.

I stare at The Wall. It is covered from floor to ceiling in every toy and attachment any sexually savvy man or woman could ever want.

"Wow," I hear the word drop out of my mouth.

"Good response. I can work with this. Let's see," she says, staring at me, looking me up and down. She backs up and gestures for me to turn. I do. She's good. I stop and look at her waiting for her assessment. Please, tell me what I need. And she does.

"She's looking for speed, but really what she needs is to be cuddled. She needs something that gives her control, but then surprises her so she can let loose and have an actual orgasm—if she's ever had one at all. Not the one she's faked so many times that she now believes is an orgasm, but the real one that sends her into oblivion and pushes her so far past her neurotic, self-imposed limits that she wakes up exhausted. Her body is limp, satisfied, pulsing, and too tired to change the wet-soaked sheets, leaving her vulnerable to the possibility of contracting pneumonia, but more importantly leaving her vulnerable to her own emotions. Am I right?"

"I'm sure you are," I say, already nodding in agreement with whatever she is about to prescribe for me.

"That's what I thought," she says, matter-of-factly. "I happen to know my way around a tight pussy. And so does this little gal." She grabs a vibrator from the drawer and holds it up, like a promotion model at a car show. "May I introduce you to the Seductress. She has seven speeds and a surface so soft and smooth you'll consider marrying her. That is until your batteries die out, reminding you that she's just a toy. But if you need to wake up your libido or find your libido that lies asleep, buried beneath all that stress and responsibility, the Seductress will go deep, kiss her gently, caress her, and pull her to the surface so that she may give her mouth-to-mouth, breathing air once again, or perhaps for the first time, into that part of you that is yearning and begging for some god-damned well-deserved pleasure."