Prologue

Hawkpath yowled in pain. She lay on the cold nursery dirt smiling from time to time. She felt her kits warmth next to her side. Owltail the medicne cat nudged a few herbs over to Hawkpath.

"Eat theese it will make you feel better." Owltail nodded and went back to helping the kits. Hawkpath licked the herbs up quickly and felt another kit curl up to her side.

"Rockfall you can come in." Owltail mewed still not taking an eye off of the kits. Rockfall entered the braken of the nursery. "Are you ok?" He asked to Hawkpath. "Yes... Now look at the beautiful kits- our beautiful kits." Hawkpath purred.

Rockfall examined the kits and saw a dark brown tortoise shell tom. He was laying motionless. "What happened to this kit?" Rockfall nudged the kit with his nose gently. "He is unfortunately dead." Owltail murmured. Rockfall flattened his ears to his head.

"My kit died?" Rockfall hissed and narrowed his eyes to Owltail. "Yes... Im sorry." Owltail sighed. "You let my kit die?" Rockfall hissed. "You think i would let my sister's kit die?" Owltail snarled. "He was born that way!" Owltail growled glancing down at the kit sadly.

Rockfall sat down with embarrassment. The first kit was beautiful. She was a light tortoise shell she cat with brown tortious shell spots. Rockfall smiled and gave the kit a few licks.

"Lets name her." Hawkpath smiled and nudged her paw torwards Rockfall. "Lets name her Hazelkit." Rockfall suggested smiling. "Yes. Thats a nice name." Hawkpath meowed and touched Rockfalls shoulder with the tip of her tail.

Rockfall glanced to the next kit who was very squirmy. He kept moving around. Rockfall smiled and rested his paw on the kits back gently. The kit stopped squirming and stayed quite and peaceful.

He was a black tom with two brown paws and two grey paws. He was the biggest kit of them all. "Lets name him Crowkit." Hawkpath echoed to her mate. Rockfall flicked his ears happily.

The last kit was the smallest of the litter. She was a beautiful greyish brown color with a tan underbelly and black tabby stripes. "Lets name her Sagekit." Rockfall licked his lips and curled his tail around his paws.

"Thats a nice name." Owltail purred. "Maybe one will become your apprentiance." Hawkpath mewed calmy. Owltail smiled at that thought. She blinked a couple of times hearing Rockfalls name being called.

"Rockfall. Someone is calling you." Owltail pointed her tail to the entrance of the nursery. Rockfall nodded respectfully and stood up. "I will be back soon." Rockfall purred and shot out of the nursery. The braken swaying as he pelted out.

Hazelkit at the top ^ :) i will contiue to put pictures down for the main charecters. This is the Prologue so it was short... But anyways Enjoy!