Chapter 11

Her paws ached but she followed Bearclaws orders. Sweeping out of the way from an attack she than lunged onto him as she swept over. Pushing her paw into his neck he tumbled in the ground. "Good job."Bearclaw staggered.

Hazelpaw nodded happily. Bearclaw with no word leaped onto her and pulled her by the scruff. Twisting she freed herself and slid under his belly. She raked her claws down his belly. Before she could escape Bearclaw sat on her. "Get off of me fool." Hazelpaw ordered. Bearclaw chuckled.

Turning over she slipped away and jumped onto his shoulder. She pinned him down by the neck. Bearclaw opened his mouth shocked and then smiled. "Your learning wonderfully." He meowed. Hazelpaw got off of him and heard a yowl in the distance.

Twisting her head to the side confusingly she saw Jaggedtooth and Snaketail charge in the bramble. Jaggedtooth had claw marks running down one of his ear. Snaketail had blood forming from his neck. "Waterclan... They are attacking, they said they smelt Moutainclan scent all up in the falls. Come quick!" Snaketail growled and disappeared back in the direction they came.

Hazelpaw stared at the bramble her fur swaying uncomfortably. "Stormpaw." She meowed quietly. She dashed off to camp her whiskers twitching with anticipation. The rocks layed out a trail that lead to camp. She felt snow drop down on her nose and felt a shiver run down her spine. Jumping ontop of a large rock she bounced off of one to the other. She arrived in camp.

Searching for Stormpaw she saw Sagepaw cornering him near the waterfall. Bluepelt ran in and leapt onto his back without him knowing. She pushed him into the ground and bit onto his nape. Hazelpaw unsheathed her claws and charged down.

Stormpaw threw Bluepelt off and raked his claws down half of her muzzle. Hazelpaw froze in terror. Stormpaw hit her chest with his head and made her tumble backwards. Bluepelt fell down the waterfall backwards. Every muscle in her body tensed.

She stared over the edge her ears flattening. "Agian..." She meowed. Stormpaw shoved himself in front of her and wrapped his tail around her shoulder. "What?!" Sagepaw hissed with fury. "No time to explain." Sagepaw bared her teeth and bolted off. No! I cant do this! Hazelpaw thought.

She hing her claws over the edge staring down. "Follow me!" Stormpaw meowed. Hazelpaw got ready to turn but felt a cat leap on her back. Biting her neck and digging thwir claws into her chest. Hazelpaw yowled ferociously. She threw her attacker off and faced them. He was a lean and well fed dark blue tom with a long brushy tail.

"Bluetail, don't!" Stormpaw called from below. Desperately trying to make his way back up the ledge he failed. Bluetail curved his upper lip into a snarl. Hazelpaw darted out in front of him. Throwing her body at his shoulder. Catching him off guard he fell on his back.

Hazelpaw raked her claws down his nose. Bluetail shot up at her and pinned her down by her face. Using his other paw he dug into her neck. Hazelpaw gasped for air. Throwing her paws up she rested them on his shoulders but couldnt attack.

Than the weight lifted off of her as she saw a flash of black. Pouncing up she saw Crowpaw hovering over Bluetail. Hissing he grabbed him by the shoulders and shoved him to the ground. Hazelpaw said a prayer to Starclan and jumped on the ledge Stormpaw was at. Her hind paws slipped and she caught a grip with her front paws. "Help!" She cried.

Stormpaw grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her up. He licked her ear and lunged to the next ledge. Hazelpaw folowed and felt her tail balance her out. Jumping to tye furthest ledge down she was fox lengths away from the pool that lay below. Bracing herself she jumped landing on the pool.

The currents swept her under and she thrashed up to the surface. Paws throbbing. She paddled in search of Bluepelt. Fish swam under her paws and belly. Making her fell uncomfortable. She gripped one in her paw and threw it above her. It landed on her head and slapped her face.

Shaking her head she searched for her fur. Than she spotted her on shore. Feeling paddles just behind her Stormpaw grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her near shore. Bluepelt was laying motionless with a large gash on her shoulder.

Get cobweb...

A voice rung in her mind. She shook her head as she felt a presence. There was a sweet scent and felt warmess on her pelt. "Get cobweb!" She meowed. Stormpaw ran off to find Cobweb.

Now push on her chest...

Obeying she threw her paws on her belly and slid them up to her chest. Pushing she coughed out water. With the water blood leaked out of her mouth. Hazelpaw felt a tear stroll down her face. Bluepelt opened her eyes and smiled. "See you in Starclan." She meowed and wiped the tear away from her cheek. Her paw rested and she closed her eyes. "No!" She meowed.

She felt her presence loom over her. Still sad she hunched over Bluepelt. Sharing tounges with her for the last time. She lay down and rested her head on her friends rib. "Goodbye." My friend. She added in her mind.

"Goodbye." She almost heard Bluepelt whisper bin her ear. Stormpaw ran up behind her and licked her cheek off from tears. He lay down beside her and rested his head on her shoulder. "What?!" A voice shouted from above. Shocked Hazelpaw glanced up.

Terror filled her eyes as she saw Waterclan staring down at them at the edge of their territory.