Chapter 8

"Owltail... Can you ask Somthing to Starclan?" Crowpaw gestured to Owltail as he finished sorting herbs. "Well. What do you want me to ask?" Owltail meowed looking at him in her soft mossy nest. "Well Hazelpaw received a vision. Of her wound bleeding. But we know it never did can you help?" Crowpaw looked over to Owltail his eyes held wide.

Owltail glanced at him questionably. "Alright. Why dont you try aswell. It may help. We are going to the moonstone at mothermouth when Leafbare hits." Owltail rested her head on her paws and twitched an ear hearing a cricket.

"Thank you Owltail. I will try to ask Starclan. I rember Snowpelt telling me when we were kits true medicne cat apprentiances can. But it might not work." Crowpaw nudged a few poppy seeds in a organized manner and walked over to his nest. He lay down in it and waited for him to fall asleep.

Waking up in a clear dark sky with many silver Starclan warriors. Knowing this was a dream he took a step forward and bent his ears forward. Still not taking an eye off of the Starclan warriors one of them lashed her tail backwards.

Crowpaw felt himself take another step backwards and his ears returned to normal. "Hello. I am Swiftstar. Young one you have chosen the right path has a Medicne cat." A white tom with brown tabby stripes and black tabby stripes on his face meowed. Crowpaw nodded.

"My sister, saw blood pouring out of her old wound. Nothing ever happened. Why is that?" Crowpaw demanded. A small black tortoise shell she cat chuckled. "She has been chosen. I was once a Medicne cat. Of Moutainclan. My name is Frogpaw. Never received my full name. I was chosen has well. But didnt survive."

The words rushed directly at Crowpaws face his fur prickled. "What do you mean?" Crowpaw looked at her his eyes pierced through hers sharply. "I can not say. Each is different." She meowed.

Crowpaw looked back. "Now we must go. And so should you." Swiftstar meowed. "No! I need more! Dont go! Tell me why Hazelpaw had the vision!" Crowpaw growled. They all disappeared except one cat. A silver tabby she cat with one blue and one brown eye.

"Are you going to go?" Crowpaw looked at her. "Do you have a prophecy for me?" Crowpaw questioned. The she cat frowned. "No... Not exactly. If you fill in the puzzle you will understand. Its sort of like a prophecy. But you must listen carefully. The leap must be pure... The leap of Faith will save the clans." The words rang in his head has he woke up.

The sun gleamed off of his pelt. "I didn't want to wake you." Owltail mewed while digging up some Catnip from a corner. "Starclan spoke to me. They gave me a prophecy." Crowpaw meowed looking at his paws. Owltail frowned. "Your not exactly supposed to tell me that." Owltail twitched an ear.

"Go tell Hazelpaw. Only about her part of the dream." Owltail waved her tail in the direction of the apprentiance den. Crowpaw smiled and bounded over to her. He looked at tge prey pile as he saw a vole left for her. He grabbed it and brought it in the den.

"Hello Hazelpaw. I have a vole for you." Crowpaw nudged her the vole with his nose. Hazelpaw yawned. "Cool. Im starving. I havent ate in a while.

Hazelpaw ate the vole as Crowpaw told her what happened. "So... Im chosen? Why me?" She asked several heartbeats later. "I dont know." Crowpaw admitted. "I honestly dont know."