Chapter 4

Hazelpaw shivered as a flash of cold ran down her back. Her fur rose irratibly. She licked it making it flat agian. She huddled up in the warm mossy nest in the apprentiance den.

"Almost Leafbare..." Bluepaw sighed. Hazelpaw stayed silent but nodded. She stretched out her front paws and heard rustling in the brambles. "Hazelpaw you in here?" Shelljaw mewed. She poked her head out from the brambles. "Yeah." She purred.

Hazelpaw arose from the nest and swept her tail across her mossy nest. She padded out to her mentor. "What are we going to do first?" Hazelpaw meowed calmly trying not to show her excitement. "Today im showing you a tour of our territory." Shelljaw nodded.

"Cool!" Hazelpaw smiled and followed her mentor. They padded out of camp. There were very few trees. They were all pine trees. "Our first stop is up there." Shelljaw pointed with her tail to a steep rocky trail. "We need to be able to climb good." She commented.

Hazelpaw took a long look at the steep hill. She padded after her mentor unsheathing her claws. Shelljaw stopped at a large crevice in the ground. "Oh and this is The gorge. We take safety under there for kits, queens and elders if we are under attack."

"We get down there from... Over here." Shelljaw gulped almost forgetting were they needed to go. Hazelpaw took another look in the deep gorge. It looks like its impossible to get down there! She thought in her head.

"Come on." Shelljaw meowed bounding over to a fallen pine tree. She jumped onto a root almost sliding off. Hazelpaw leapt onto the root next to her gripping onto the tree with her claws. One paw after another she began walking over the pine tree.

It began slowly tipping down into a slope where a ledge was. "Thats were we go!" Shelljaw meowed. Hazelpaw nodded and ran back over to her. One of her paws slipped. She lost balance and scraped agianst the tree. Hanging on with her two front paws. She took a look down seeing nothing but a small river.

"Hazelpaw!" Shelljaw hissed. She leapt over to were she was. Hazelpaw yowled as she felt a claw slip. Shelljaw inserted her claws into Hazelpaws paws and pulled her up roughly.

Hazelpaw gaaped in shock and her neck fur rose. "Are you alright?" Shelljaw meowed worriedly. "Y-yeah... Im just shocked more then anything." Hazelpaw twitched her ears calming herself. "Ok... Well. The next stop is up here." Shelljaw pointed with the tip of her tail.

Hazelpaw still shocked nodded and ran off the tree quickly. Landing dirt and a few pine needles flew up. Hazelpaw contiued running in the direction Shelljaw told her to go. "Hazelpaw! Stop!" Shelljaw growled from behind her.

Hazelpaw slowed her pace and waited for her mentor. "It already happened... Ok? Dont get worked up on it or we can go back to camp. Hazelpaw lashed her tail back and forth. "Sorry..." She flattened her ears to her head in embarrassment. "Its ok. But i will hurry so we can get back to camp."

Hazelpaw nodded and swiftly padded along the rocky teritory. Seeing a steep hill with a large stream. At the edge of the hill was a waterfall. "This is waterclan territory. Our camp is above us from the hill the waterfall connects to waterclan." Shelljaw meowed.

"You arent aloud in other clans territory's so never swim across unless you have permission." Hazelpaw rolled her eyes knowing that. She held her tail onto her own shoulder as she gazed down.

Then she spotted a huge black tom with several other warriors behind him. Heading in the opposite direction. "Thats waterclan. Dont let them see you... They must be leading an attack on Snowclan. Thats how they get there anyways..."

Hazelpaw padded back in the direction of camp rembering Bluepaw telling her after Waterclan comes the best of all. "You already know about the training grounds?" Shelljaw meowed catching up with her apprentiance.

"Yeah. Bluepaw told me about it. And then after this is the Twoleg cabin and then Sun point?" Hazelpaw proudly asked. "Yes." Shelljaw smiled. Hazelpaw contiued padding along the path and spotted a large open area. There were many rocks and a few pine trees in it. "This is the Training grounds?"

"Yes. Its cool isnt it?" Shelljaw purred. "Its awesome! I cant wait to train here." Hazelpaw commented. "What do you smell?" Shelljaw suddenl asked. "Many apprentiance smells... Some prey and very faint Twoleg."

Shelljaw nodded. "Now over here to the Twoleg cabin!" Shelljaw pelted off. Hazelpaw ran through the apprentiance training grounds taking a short cut.

She met up with Shelljaw. Shelljaw jumped ontop of Hazelpaw making her fall. "Dont let the twolegs see you!" Shelljaw hissed. Hazelpaw kicked her off and crept forward taking saftey of a bush. Throns nagged on her fur pulling a few clumps of fur off.

"Ow!" Hazelpaw yowled. She moved a mouse length over so the thorn would come loose. She peaked back outat tge twoleg nest seeing blackish grey swirly stuff coome from a long top on the very point of the house. "Thats smoke." Shelljaw meowed.

"Now come on." Shelljaw meowed going past the Twoleg nest. Hazelpaw pelted after her following her scent. Until everything turned super bright. Now there was lots of trees. "This is Sun point."

Everything was so bright Hazelpaw couldnt see. "Now lets get out if here. Its to bright!" Hazelpaw complained. She pelted back the direction sgecame from. "Wich way is back to camp?" Shelljaw questioned.

Hazelpaw opened her mouth and smelt the air. "This way!" Hazelpaw darted forward the shadows closing over her fur making it be the right brightness. She kept running until she saw Crowpaw.

"Crowpaw? What are you doing?" Hazelpaw questioned awkwardly. She hung her tail up high waiting for a response. "O-oh hello Hazelpaw! Im glad i got to see you today i miss you and Sagepaw. Its so lonely with Owltail." Crowpaw sighed.

Hazelpaw let out a mrrow of laughter. "Lets hope you get used to it. But why are you out here? Espically without Owltail?" Hazelpaw twitched her ears as her ears began to prickle. "Im collecting Feverfew and Catnip." He added.

"Ok. I have to go back to camp. You know how to get there right?" Hazelpaw rested her tail tip on the ground. "Yeah." Crowpaw shuffled his paws collecting more catnip. Hazelpaw nodded and pelted in the direction of camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They didnt follow the path?!" Yellowfang hissed irratibly. "Yellowfang! They can fix this... Just with the right help. Weres Swiftstar? He should know how to handle this. He was Moutainclans leaders after all." Firestar sighed and tracked Swiftstar down.

"I saw them... Firestar i must tell them. If Shelljaw would have left Hazelpaw... Why didn't she? She was supposed to..." Swiftstar murmured. "Starclan does not know everything. They can only predict it." Spottedleaf took a large inhail of the light air and let it out agian. Stars reflected off of the air and shot down in Moutainclans territory.