Chapter One

I was working a late shift again and was really tired. I stood behind the counter, feeling like I would pass out any second. Suddenly, yelling startled me and I looked up.

The food court was mostly empty at this time, but now I saw a familiar looking female person standing in the middle of it, shouting at someone through her phone.

"Kells, I-"

Pause.

"Don't call me that, Katelynne.", she said in a mocking tone, "You know what, next time you're just coming here with me and we won't have to argue about your damn food. I'm done with your attitude."

I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion. Kells... Katelynne? It couldn't be, could it? It was so unlikely, that it had me shaking my head and looking for a distraction, because just like that my thoughts were occupied by Kellin once again.

But when the girl came up to the counter, I was sure. It was the Katelynne from high school. "Hey, how can I help you?", I said with much more enthusiasm than usually because adrenaline was cursing through my veins. Maybe this would be the chance to meet Kellin!

"Two chicken soft tacos", she said in a bored tone, obviously not recognizing me. I nodded and told my co-worker the order while she payed. After a few minutes of her leaning against the counter and chewing on a piece of gum obnoxiously loudly, her order was ready and I handed it to her. She left without tearing her gaze away from her phone.

I sighed. I should've said something.

--

"Jaime, will you shut the fuck up?", I groaned at my best friend who was rambling on about something I didn't have a clue about. "And then she was like 'what the fuck' and I was like 'oh my god this is great where's my camera' and this dude was like-"

I slapped my hand over his mouth, "And stop saying 'like' every two words, Jesus."

He sighed in defeat and removed my hand from his face, finally shutting up.

"This is important.", I said, "I think Kellin is in town."
Jaime gave me a strange look, "Why the hell would he be in San Diego?" I shrugged, "But do you remember that chick that was obsessed with him in high school?"

He nodded.
"She was at TacoBell today  and I'm pretty sure she was talking to Kellin on the phone." Jaime hummed, "What did they talk about? Maybe she's just in town and he's still home."

So I told him everything I had picked up from their conversation, including the part where she had told him to just come with her next time, which was the thing that made me think Kellin could be here in the first place.

"Dude just look out for him, I guess. I mean, what can you do?" Jaime had a point. I just had to wait and see.

--

Two weeks later and there was no sign of Katelynne or Kellim whatsoever. I was just starting to lose hope and slowly forget about Katelynne showing up at my work place, when one day...

"I've told you a million times not to call me Kells! Only Vic can call me that!", a familiar high-pitched but at the same time sort of manly voice said loudly. It was quite a busy day so I couldn't see where it was coming from.

"And I've told you a million times that I don't care about Vic! You guys are done and over with, you're not gay and he's probably somewhere on the streets. I never liked him."

"Don't talk about him like that, you arrogant bitch!"

A large group of people left at pretty much the same time and I could listen more intently to what was going on when I didn't have to serve any customers.

"I'm the bitch?"

"Whatever, let's just get the damn food."

A few minutes later, they were standing at the counter, "Hey, how can I help you?", I said, my voice trembling slightly. "I'd like a-" that's when he looked up at me.

He recognized me. I knew he did, I could see it. He didn't say anything, though. He continued ordering, but I noticed the change in his behavior.

He looked extremely nervous and tightly gripped the counter to the point where his knuckles turned white. He kept stuttering, too. Katelynne didn't notice.

I'm not even going try to explain my feelings about that moment at this point, for various reasons. One of them being me being way to distracted by how Kellin's gorgeous eyes looked and how he had barely grown and how his hair was shiny and he was so fucking perfect and how I still loved him with everything in me to focus on my feelings.

It was overwhelming, to put it simply. I tried not to make it too obvious by just doing my job. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom.", Katelynne informed Kellin, who didn't react.

"Debit card please", Kellin croaked when I asked him if he wanted to pay in cash or with a card. I nodded.

I just needed him to sign the receipt now, so I gave it to him along with a pen. He put his signature, then flipped the piece of paper over, scribbling something onto it in a rush.

He gave it to me and as if one cue, him and Katelynne's orders were ready and he left, glancing at me with what looked like tears (?!) in his eyes.

I looked at the receipt.

His number. 

-----------------------

a/n; sorry this is so short.

How are y'all liking this so far?

I've got so many plans for this and it's making me super excited

I love you