Chapter Five

I woke up the next morning, for no reason. Kellin was next to me, snoring quietly. I checked my phone for the time. 8:07am. I suppressed the urge to groan, because it was a Saturday and I didn't have work, yet I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

I slowly pushed the covers off of me and got out of bed. I went into the bathroom to do some morning stuff (no he didn't fap), before going into the kitchen and checking the fridge for something I wanted. I ended up settling on a glass if orange juice because I didn't find anything that was microwaveable or ready to eat. I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV, just to turn it off five minutes later. TV in the morning just generally sucks, I thought.

I was about to go back to bed, when Kellin appeared in the living room. "Hi", he said, his voice hoarse. To put it bluntly, he looked like shit. His eyes were bloodshot, his hair a mess and you could still see tear stains on his cheeks. "Morning", I replied and patted the empty space next to me, motioning for him to sit down.

He plopped down next to me and sighed, "I'm sorry about last night. I was all over the place." I shook my head, "It's totally fine. That's what I'm here for. Besides, this way we got a chance to meet up again." Kellin just hummed in response and I could see his eyes starting to fill with tears again. "No no no, don't cry, okay? Don't think about her or... anything that makes you sad. Think of puppies and kittens and, uh, I don't know, pancakes."

I put my arm around his shoulder and pulled him closer to me, "Can I rant?", he asked. I nodded, "Always."
He cleared his throat,

"So ever since prom I've been with Katelynne, so more than four years. It's been... fine, but we've been getting on each other's nerves a lot lately. We would argue and... I don't know, the whole relationship just kept going downhill even more and I kind of expected her to cheat... It's not that I'm extremely heartbroken or anything, it's just... I just feel so betrayed and I don't know what to do now. I feel like nobody really values me or cares and that hurts... This probably sounds so fucking stupid and I'm sorry for being a whiny asshole-"

I cut him off, silencing him with my hand, "I value you more than anything, Kellin. I don't think you are aware of how much I missed you and how sorry I am for not being there but... We were stupid teenagers... We should leave that in the past anyway. What I'm trying to say, is that you mean a lot to me and that I care."

He smiled and hugged me tightly. I couldn't help but notice the warm feeling that spread throughout my whole body whenever I touched him and the flips my stomach did when he looked at me. I didn't think it was possible to "keep" feelings for someone for this long, especially when they were never around and there was no contact whatsoever. But for now, I just wanted and needed to be there for Kellin. He needed me and I was going to be there for him. I couldn't let my stupid fucking feelings ruin this. I was overjoyed that I had gotten back in touch with Kellin in the first place so I needed to make it last.

----------------

a/n: wow what is this an update?!1!1!!
holy fucking shit it's been a week of school and I'm so done already

I probably won't be updating much or any long chapters bc I'm really busy with school like fr I need good grades this year

Anyway I'm talking too much

I love you guys and I'm sorry for this horribly boring and poorly written chapter.

Oh and the picture is me in my natural habitat