Chapter 58

Alice's P.O.V

November 9, 1966

It's been about eight months since that incident. I still have some episodes where I break down and cry but Paul is always there to comfort me when it happens. Paul and I decided to move our wedding back to 1969. He didn't want me being overwhelmed too much. I've also started taking birth control again. I wasn't ready to get pregnant quite yet. I wanted to hold on that for awhile.

Moving on from the incident, my mind has been distracted. I started filming three more movies. The first one was Bonnie and Clyde. I was playing Bonnie opposite Warren Beatty whom was playing Clyde. My second movie was Guess Who's Coming To Dinner. In that one, I was playing Joey Drayton opposite Sidney Poitier. My parents were being portrayed by Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. The last film was another one with Elizabeth Taylor, The Taming of The Shrew. I was Bianca. Paul has been going with me to when I went to go film since he hasn't started recording the next album yet. Speaking of albums, Paul wrote a song for me. It was called Getting Better. Paul said he was going to put it on the next album which was going to be called Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. The name was inspired from my Sgt. Pepper painting.

What else has been going on? Oh yes! In August, Linda and Joseph had a girl. Her name was Josie Alison Anderson. She was beautiful. Again, Paul and I were made godparents.

I've also been spending more time at my art gallery lately. I've been taking in submissions from other people and putting them on display. Right now, I was at the art gallery with Ethel and Martha. I was waiting for Yoko, whom recently submitted her own piece of work. She called it 'Hammer A Nail'. Patrons could hammer a nail into the wooden board. Yoko said it wasn't quite ready yet. I was walking around the gallery when I heard John's voice.

"Alice! I know you're here!" John shouted. I smiled and walked over to him. He pulled me into a hug.

"Hey John. What are you doing here?" I said

"I came to check up on you. I know the last few months have been hard" John said

"Thanks John. I've been fine. My mind has been distracted lately" I said, running my hand through my short hair. I've been keeping it cut short. John smirked at me.

"You know, short hair really suits you" John said. I smiled and blushed at his compliment. John let his eyes wander and they landed on Yoko's art piece.

"What's this piece?" John asked, walking towards it.

"That one was submitted by one of my friends. She calls it 'Hammer A Nail'. People come in and hammer a nail to the board. It's not quite ready though" I explained.

"You don't think she would mind if I hammered in one nail, do you?" John asked

"John! I wouldn't!" I said. As John was about to hammer in a nail, the voice of Yoko echoed through the gallery.

"Stop!" Yoko said. John immediately stopped his actions and looked at Yoko.

"It's not ready for that yet" Yoko said

"Oh, I'm sorry" John said

"I told him no Yoko but sometimes John refuses to listen. He can be stubborn at times" I said. John snickered at me.

"I'll let you hammer in a nail if you pay me five schillings" Yoko said

"I'll give you an imaginary five shillings and hammer an imaginary nail in" John said. Yoko smiled at John. I heard Ethel let out a cry from the other side of the gallery.

"Please excuse me you two" I said. I ran off to go get Ethel. When I found Ethel, she was in front of the Pepperland mural with Martha by her side. I crouched down in front of Ethel.

"What is it, little darling?" I asked

"Hungry" Ethel said. I giggled at her and picked her up.

"Okay let's go get you something to eat. Then we can say hi to Uncle John and Yoko" I said. I went to go join John and Yoko but found that John had left.

"Hey Yoko. Where's John?" I asked

"Oh, he said he had something to do" Yoko said

"Oh, alright then. Ethel's hungry and I was thinking about getting some lunch. Would you like to join us?" I asked.

"I would love to" Yoko said.

~

That lunch with Yoko gave us a chance to actually get to know each other. I had learned that she's been married two times. Her first husband was Toshi Ichiyanagi. Her current husband is Anthony Cox and they have a child, Kyoko. Yoko explained how she wasn't really liking her marriage to Anthony and was going do anything to get out of it. That's why she was going to marry Ethan but realized he wasn't the best person to marry. What I thought was weird was how Yoko kept asking about John. She didn't really ask anything personal about him, just how I knew him and things like that. I told her what I knew about John and made it very clear that he has a wife and child that he loves very much. After we finished lunch, I took Martha out for a walk before we went back home. Ethel yawned and I knew she was ready for a nap.

"Looks like someone is tired. Let's put you down for a nap" I said. I went upstairs and put Ethel down for her nap. When I went into our bedroom, I found Paul sitting on the floor with paper scattered everywhere. He must be writing some songs for the new album.

"Paul?" I said. He turned his head towards me and smiled.

"I didn't think you'd be home until late" Paul said.

"Well I had lunch with one of my friends and Ethel was tired" I said.

"Come sit by me, love" Paul said. I sat beside Paul. I held onto his arm and leaned into his side.

"So when do you start recording the new album?" I asked

"On the twenty fourth. I actually just finished up another song. Would you like to see it?" Paul said. I nodded and Paul gave me the song.

When I get older losing my hair
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?

As I read the lyrics, Paul sang it to me. As I listened to his singing, I recognized this song from my Pepperland dream.

"Have you been getting into my dreams?" I asked

"Is this one in your dream as well? You said that about Eleanor Rigby and Yellow Submarine as well" Paul said

"There's a lot of songs that pop up in my dreams. I'm waiting to hear the next one that I recognize from my dream" I said. I yawned. Paul shifted around so I could place my head in his lap.

"Get some sleep, love. I'll be here when you wake up" Paul said as he started to pet my head.

"I love you" I said

"I love you too" Paul said