Chapter 10

Drew, Molly, Edward, Myra, and I were talking in a corner, when we notice Tris wrapped in a towel, walking out from the girls bathroom. We start to snicker. Tris walks to her bunk, and starts rummaging through the drawers under her bed. I walk up silently behind her as she pulls out the black dress that I saw her in at the tattoo shop.

She turns around, sees me standing behind her, and she jumps backwards, almost hitting her head off the top bunk. She tries to slip past me, but I put my hand up against the bed frame, blocking her. I grin at her. "Didn't realize you were so skinny, Stiff." She straitened up, and even though there is fear in her eyes, she says boldly, "Get away from me." Molly snorts. I respond, smiling, "This isn't the Hub, you know. No one has to follow a Stiffs orders here." I scan her body, noticing muscles in her arms and legs that weren't there before we started training.

I hear the other initiates coming up behind me, blocking Tris's way out. She looks over my shoulder, seeing the other initiates. She looks terrified, then her face turns hard. From behind me, Molly says, "Look at her. She's practically a child!" Drew pushes forward, and says, "Oh, I don't know. She could be hiding something under that towel. Why don't we look and see?"

Tris is looking for an opening, and the fear in her eyes has escalated. All of a sudden, she bolts under my arm towards the door. I reach out, grabbing at her arm, but I miss and grab her towel, and I pull at it. The towel comes off of her, and everyone laughs. She's so small, so skinny, and so... weak.

She runs towards the door, clutching the dress against her skinny ass, trying to cover it. She goes through the hallway and into the bathroom. We can hear her sob from the sleeping quarters.

* * *

When we walk into the training room, I search for my name on the chalkboard, and I find it next to Edwards name. We are obviously the best fighters of the group of initiates, and I might be able to beat him, but he is definitely able to beat me. We smile nervously at eachother. Under my name, Molly and Tris's name are next to eachother. That's an obvious win for Molly.

I don't pay attention to the fights before Molly's.They're boring- someone wins, someone loses. Simple as that. Eric calls out, "Edward and Peter." We face eachother in the center of the room, shuffling back and forth. I throw a right hook to his jaw, but he blocks it and takes the opportunity to punch me in the jaw. Hard. I stumble backwards, seeing stars, but I straighten out again immediately, and send a kick to his side, and he grabs my foot, and pushes me backwards. I fall, and my head hits the ground.

The next thing I know, I'm standing back with Drew, Molly and Myra, Edward is apologizing to me, and I'm saying its fine, nursing my jaw. Eric calls up Molly and Tris to fight, and we all grin. I want to see Molly kick Tris's skinny butt. They face eachother in the center of the ring, Tris glaring at Molly, and Molly smirking at Tris.

Molly says, "Was that a birthmark I saw on your left butt cheek? God, your pale, Stiff." Molly tries to punch Tris, but Tris moves aside, and punches her in the stomach. Molly runs at Tris, but Tris dodges, and blocks Molly's punch. Molly throws a kick, and Tris runs around it and shoves her elbow in Molly's face, and Molly dodges it.

Molly punches Tris in the ribs, and she stumbles back, gasping. Tris punches Molly in the stomach again, then kicks her legs out from under her, and Molly falls to the ground. Tris kicks Molly in the ribs, then in the stomach, then in the side, again and again. Molly curls into a ball, and blood starts gushing from her nose and her mouth.

Four steps forward and places his hand on Tris's shoulder. "You won. Stop. I think you should leave, take a walk." Tris wipes the sweat off her forehead, and she says, "Im fine. I'm fine now." She walks back to Al, Christina and Will, who all look startled, mimicking everyone else's faces in the room, including mine.