Chapter 18

After I'm unhooked from the computer, I go sit down on he floor and watch the other initiates in the simulation. I don't know what Tris was assigned, but she's up. She looks mortified, but she's trying to hide it. The needle is inserted into her neck, and the look on her face changes to pure terror.

She screams and trashes around. It hits me. She's being kidnapped. She continues screaming, screaming loudly, then tears start leaking out of her eyes. I don't remember hearing the door open, but the next thing I know, Four is at the front of the crowd, saying, "Stop," Lauren turns, bit doesn't look surprised to see Four. She presses a button on her computer and Tris falls to her knees, sobbing. She is so weak, so breakable. I don't feel pity, or sadness for the little Stiff. Just disgust. That's all.

Four walks angrily towards Tris, grabbing her arm and pulling her to her feet, everyone else watching silently. "What the hell was that, Stiff?" She hiccups, looking unstable. "I.., I didn't-"

"Get yourself together! This is pathetic!"

Tris stops crying all of a sudden, and glares at Four. "Shut up." She pulls her arm out of his grip and storms out of the room. I to Drew and Molly, snapping my fingers in front of my face and say, "Oh no she didn't!" Molly laughs, her weird, pig snorting laugh and Drew smiles for the first time since Four beat him up. Everyone else glares at me. Four looks like he could hit me, but instead he clenches his fists and walks out after Tris.

                                                                                   * * *

 Im practicing in the training room with Molly on the top of the Dauntless compound when I hear yelling. It sounds like Eric. I open the door a crack and I can see Tris and Eric under the glass dome. Eric is facing Tris, talkng to her like Four sometimes talks to me. Quiet, but terrifying. Tris looks terrified. 

Just then, the door opens. Its Four. Eric starts arguing with him, and Four pinches thw bridge of his nose, looking agitated. Tris starts to sniffle, putting her hands in her pocket and looking at the ground. I have to cover my mouth to stop them from hearing my laughs. 

Four looks at Tris, then Eric, and he talks just louldy enough for me to hear, "Tried to kiss me," I have to shut the door quickly, stifiling my laughs. I stumble back inside the room, laughing so hard Im almost crying. Molly stops mid- punch. "What?' I bend over, tears leaking out of my eyes.

"Tris..." I start. "She tried... she tried to... to kiss Four. She started crying... and-" It takes Molly a second to register what I just siad, then she too starts laughing. Were rolling around on the floor when the door opens. I look up and see Eric, staring at us as if we were crazy. "What the hell is so funny that makes you want to roll around on the ground?"

Im about to say something, but Molly blurts out, "Tris kissed Four." Idiot! Molly doesnt know that Eric was there! Eric smiles. I think thats the first time Ive seen him smile- at least a real one. "I know," he says.He unclips a flask from his belt and takes a long swig. 

"I caught her. She ran off to her brother at the Erudite headquarters." That just makes me and Molly start laughing all over again. "Erudite?" I ask. "Yep." Eric takes another drink from his flask. "She just hopped on a train and had a nice little chat with Jeanine." I dont rememeber who Jeanine is, but Molly asks, "The one who trashed Abnegation?" Eric nods. "Thats the one."

Molly breaks out in another fit of giggles, but I stay quiet. That makes no sense. Tris? Talking to a person who trashes her family? Her faction? I dont understand, but I will figure it out. 

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys! I sent you guys the deal with Chapter 19, but in case you didnt get it, heres the long story short: Im gonna be really busy for the next week, so sorry if I dont post! But keep commenting and liking!