Chapter 15

Rose's POV

I walk into the living room and Devin imminently runs out and runs back into his room. I laugh and so does Xavier. I sit down and watch TV with Xavier. He looks at me and smirks. I look at him then roll my eyes.

"What?" I say annoyed.

"Oh nothing...you're just really pretty." 

"No, you're really pretty, I'm not." I feel my cheeks get red and Xavier laughs. Did I seriously just say that? Oh my gosh...I think I did.

"Thanks for the compliment," Xavier says after he's done laughing. "But I still think you're prettier then me."

I look at him then roll my eyes once again. I'm pretty sure this boy is just trying to get in my pants. Nope, I'm not falling for it.

"I suggest you go fuck yourself before you waste your time trying to fuck me." I say. 

"Who said anything about fucking?"

"It's obvious of what you're trying to do, and I'm not falling for it."

"I have a feeling your ex-boyfriend was a real dickhead."

"He was, and still is." I feel a tear go down my cheek. Xavier notices and he scoots closer to me, so close that we're touching. I look at him and he wipes my tear off my cheek.

"What happened?" He asks in the sweetest voice. Maybe this boy is different. Maybe he won't end up like Hunter. Can I trust him with my heart?

"Cheated, he cheated on me." I burst out into tears. I hold my head with my hands and let out all the tears.  I feel Xavier rubbing his warm hand on my back to try and comfort me. I then look up and wipe my tears away. I sit back up then Xavier removes his hand from my back. 

"Can I kiss you?" I ask Xavier. He laughs and smiles, which makes me laugh too. That was the dumbest question, but I really want to kiss him. No boy ever has ever just let me cry in front of him. He wanted to comfort me and he did. 

"I don't want to be your rebound." Xavier says while smiling with his perfect smile. I move onto his lap and his eyes get big. I hold his face with my hands.

"You're not, and never going to be." I say.

"Kiss me." He says. I kiss him and he holds me in his lap as we continue to kiss. I hear my phone ring, I can tell already that it's Jade. Xavier takes his lips off mine.

"You want to get that?" He asks.

"No, I want to keep doing this." I reply. He smiles as we continue to kiss. I never ever felt this good when I made out with Hunter. No, I'm not going to think about Hunter when I'm making out with a better boy, a better kisser, and better looking. Xavier then takes his lips off mine again so we can breathe. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Wow, you're a very good kisser." Xavier says. I laugh and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you." 

I get off his lap and walk into the kitchen to check my phone. It says I have five missed calls from Jade, and fifteen messages. Holy crap Jade! Last time she texted me this much was when she was drunk at a party.

Jade: Rose! Call me! 

Jade: ROSE CALL ME! 

Jade: COLLINS DEAD ROSE HELP ME

Jade: I'M IN THE HOCKEY ARENA PARKING LOT

Jade: COME NOW HELP ME 

I dropped my phone. No, he's not dead. I feel tears swell up in my eyes. I grab a plate from the cupboard and throw it on the ground. Xavier and Devin run into the kitchen.

"Rose! What's wrong?!" Xavier says.

"Collin was shot!" I yell. I grab my purse and search for my keys. 

"What are you doing!" Devin yells.

"I'm going to go get Jade."