21: Hello, old friend.

As Alayla made her way through the Mystic Grill. She sat on the stool and orders a drink. It was morning. She had her betas searching for her mother. She hasn't received any news from them yet. Hoping her mother flee town after Mikael's death.

In the moment a song played through the mystic grill. It wasn't from the bar but outside. A song she knew well. The song was by Kansas.

Alayla remembers the song that played on the car. The engine stops seems like they turn off the car making the music stop. A man walked in but Alayla didn't bother to turn to see who it was. So she kept drinking.

"I'll have what she's having." The man said gesturing towards Alayla. "Daytime drinker, huh? You and I both, babe." He said to her.

Alayla looks over to see her old friend one of her oldest friends, Adam Crawford. Alayla smiled widely seeing her old friend.

"Adam.." she whispered before they both got up and hugged each other. (Adam is the guy above in the gif talking to Alayla in the bar.) "I thought you were off exploring the country?" she said still holding into a hug. Adam slowly separated himself to take a look at Alayla.

"It ain't no fun without the company with a gorgeous babe." Adam said with a smile. "Thats you, just incase you didn't caught on." Alayla giggled at his remark. They sat back down drinking their drinks.

"I knew there was something off about hearing our song." Alayla said with a grin "never expected to see you here."

"You still have the car I gave you as a gift?" Adam said "the impala."

"Certainly, it's tuck away, love." Alayla smiled at Adam as she leaned her head on her hand looking at him.

"Good, you and I would have to ride it sometime." Adam lets a smile that Alayla loved. "So, babe. Where do you stand?"

"Well, as you can see I'm back in this retched town." Alayla said to him. She soon narrow her eyes at him in suspicion "how you know I was here?"

"Well for starters I went back to England and back to your old home you stayed for every summer." Adam explained himself "I found you sister there. She told me you'll be here."

"Of course." Alayla said taking a zip of her drink "well my mother is back in town. If you heard."

"I've most defiantly heard." Adam said "Have you encounter her?"

Alayla tugged her hair back sighing loudly remembering her encounter with her mother.

"Unfortunately I had encounter her." Alayla said annoyed "it wasn't pretty."

"Well we all know you'll have the upper hand here." Adam said smiling at her. "Because obviously you're the Big Bad Wolf!"

Alayla chuckled and soon rolled her eyes at him.

"Well, where are you staying?" Alayla asked.

"Eh, I found a house that can work for me actually." Adam said to her

"Well, why don't we go to my house and take a ride on the Impala, love." Alayla said to him. Adam nodded in agreement.

"Alright! sounds like fun." Adam agreed "Would love to speed through the streets hearing that engine roar."

They paid for their drinks. They headed out to Adam's car. When Alayla's phone rang. She saw the caller ID it was Klaus calling her.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Adam asked her "can be important."

"I--" Alayla said not knowing to answer or not. She was hesitant to not answer because she wanted to have time with one of her closest friends. Only friend really. Before the phone stops ringing Alayla answered it.