Selection 7: The trap between Friend and Foe.(Final Part)

[Miles POV (Madiline's birth father) ]

I watched as the three of them walked away from me, and I howled the anger out of me, though it hurt to do so. Before I knew it, Hideous and Romeo showed up next to me and dropped their saliva on me to heal my wounds faster. After a half hour, I was finally healed enough to walk, and couldn't help feeling anger toward Lara for leaving with them. Madiline was now a witch and we couldn't do anything about it.

Madiline didn't know it yet, but she is one of the strongest witches alive, and that is why Gonaybilly wanted her so badly. Any spell Madiline does, she will succeed at, but it costs her something that we had yet to know. Was it her life span? Her soul? No one knew!

In the stories now, red riding hood died by the Ax man's hands. Yes, she some how did die, the little girl I loved. But Red Riding Hood was Madiline. She lost her memory to the blow, one of the finest witches gave up her power to save Maddy, making Madiline the ultimate witch as a replacement.

How do you explain that to a child? How do you tell her that you didn't feel as strongly towards the child because she now was living off a different soul? You tell me that, and maybe I'll run after her again.

"We have to find and stop them." Romeo told us. "Lord only knows what Poloagma wants with that ring."

"Your right, as bad as it is Miles, we have to get her away from Polo. He has something in store for her, and we have to stop him!" Hideous hollered out, and put his paw to the ground.

"I know Hideous, but she will hate me more than she already does." I said with my head bowed.

"Who are you referring to?" Romeo asked me, and stepped a little closer.

"My mate." I answered him, stepping forward to him. Once I said that, Romeo looked away, and took a few steps backwards.

"Well, I guess we better be off then." Hideous pitched in, and turned sniffing their scent deeply, then took off running with me and Romeo following. It only took us about ten minutes to catch up with them in a fast walk, and I looked at my daughter.

"I'll get Madiline, you two cover me. Meet back at the lake and from then we need to move fast back to where we originally started. We need to pay a visit to an ol' witch." With that, I ran straight for Polo, knocking him down, and Madiline went flying.

I jumped catching her, and those beautiful blue eyes she got from me were released. "Forgive me," I told her, and took off running as fast as I could away with her.

"No!" She muttered, trying to release herself, but I kept her down by holding onto her hood Lara's mother made for her. It burned the inside of my mouth, but I have to get her out of there!

I ran faster-faster-faster! I was panting horribly, I started to stumble with each step, and my foot caught as I flew in the water, with Madiline going in with me. My eyes scouted the land, and I spotted Madiline. I swam up thinking she was okay, and gasped in the deep breath, but when Maddy didn't come up too, I broke. I forced myself deep into the water, swimming after her sinking body, as her arms swayed with her legs kicking, desperately trying to get to the surface. Once I reached her, she couldn't stop herself as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I pushed as hard as I could up, but I felt even myself starting to drown. No, I failed Maddy once, but I wasn't going to do it again. With the rest strength I had, I pushed up with all my might, hearing her gasp in the sweet taste of air. She clung to me like a child does it's teddy bear, and all I could do was float to the end, with everything blacking out.

Damn, this was the end wasn't it? I never even got the chance to meet the new Madiline...

__________________________________

"HHHUUUUUU!" I swallowed in as much air as I could, and my eyes hazily opened to a blue light flashing around me. I saw Madiline in a completely different world, chanting things I have never heard of. What ever it was, I saw that I was sweating out the water that had brought me near to death. Once Madiline was finished, she looked just as wore out as I was.

"Thank you..." I muttered as my head fell back. "I'm sorry Madiline. I'm so sorry I gave up on you." I could hear Madiline's heart starting to race, I could relate to her wheezing chest, though I knew part of it from her, was for my words. I could feel her trembling body, just from her palms spread out against my chest. I heard her swallow that lump in her throat, though it only reappeared. I could feel her tears, even if they had yet to make an appearance on the surface of her face. I knew her pain, it was the same pain I felt all those years, though my daughter still remained.

"I hate you." She whispered. "I HATE YOU! I SHOULD OF LET YOU DIE, I HATE YOU! I HATE THAT YOU LEFT ME! I HATE THAT YOU NEVER BOTHERED TO FIGHT FOR ME! I HATE THAT YOU NEVER CAME TO TALK TO ME! I HATE YOU!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, sobbing wildly, and grasped onto my fur. "Why did you leave me Dad? I cried every time I saw a child with their parents having fun even through this depression, all I wanted was that love, but no one ever gave it to me. I knew Gona loved me, but she never showed it as others did. I wanted someone to just love me, nurture me, keep me safe as I have always wished. I wanted to feel that warmth the other's cherish so much, but I was always out in the cold-literally. Gona was no mother, and I was no daughter. I'm not going with you, my master awaits, and I have a duty to finish."

Madiline stood up, and I tried to follow her lead, but she shook her head. "I healed you enough so you won't die, but you won't be able to move in about a day or two. Bye Miles, until we meet again." With that, she started running into the woods, and I howled at the guys to hurry. She was getting away.

He words hit me deep in my wounds, and I was desperate to run after her. I wanted to be a father, and now I lost my only chance. How could I let this happen? My own daughter hates me. She hates me and every little thing about me, even if she held half of me in her. I was nothing but a piece of worthless shit to her. Damn it, what was I thinking?

Lara begged me as we were going to make the change, to force Gonay to bring Madiline with us, but I declined. I told her she was better off with Gona, well hell she might of actually been better off with us. Yes the first few weeks I would of despised of her as before, but I would of grown to love my own daughter. That witch only gave her soul and power to Madiline, so wasn't she the same little girl we had? Lara and I had out of complete love and affection for each other? What was different about her that I didn't like? The fact that she had the witch gene implanted in her now? Wasn't she born with that? No...you have to bring the Witch out of you with a potion, if it in fact is in your DNA. Her just taking the witch's soul, that wasn't all that turned her into a witch. She had to of drink in a potion to expand her gene through out her body.

Why did I not like her in the first place? My eyes widened. No, that couldn't be right...No, NO! My body moved on it's own, I broke threw the pain with my own self nourishment taking over. I ran so fast to where I had passed Madiline and nearly knocked her over from the pressure of the wind. I knew my mate's scent and followed it as if there was arrows all around me showing me the way. Once I got about seven miles from the lake, I knocked Romeo off of Lara, and growled ferociously at her, "Don't tell me she's not my daughter! Don't tell me that you cheated on me with him! Don't tell me that-that...that this all was a lie."

I climbed off Lara, and from her voice, I knew she would of been bawling as she had when her mother died. "I'm sorry Miles. I never had the heart to tell you."

"So you lie to me, and make me feel guilty that I didn't have as strong of compassion for my daughter as you did? You made me feel selfish about myself for eighteen years? Your not my mate Lara, your not a wife or a lover. If it was the real world, I would of packed up my shit and left you. Polo was lucky we kicked him out, but now...you can have my place if you wish Polo. I'm through with all of you." I turned around and walked with my tail hung low. I heard Lara whimper out my name, but I wanted nothing more of her.

I walked back to where Madiline was, and when she saw me, she instantly pulled her spell book out, ready to start chanting. "I'm not here to force you to come with me. Everything is over, you can go back with your Sire. I'm not your real father Madiline, you have to ask your mother who he is, because I can't care less about the douche. I'm sorry. Goodbye forever." And with that, I was gone. Not even I knew where I was to go, but it was far away from here. I was to be forever alone from then on. Ain't that the life?