Selection 13: The Days of Voyage.

[Poloagma's POV]
{Day 1}
My eyes opened to her next to me, and I let out a deep breath. My wife. Why was that just not clicking in my head, she was my wife?! Her last name was Eodum, Madiline of Darkness. Why I liked the name, I had no idea.

I slowly pulled away from her clinging arms, and gathered our clothes, putting mine on. We had quite the ways to go before we managed to get that ring in Oran. It's going to take a week to get there, and that's if we make very little stops.

I sighed, we needed money. Real money, but how the hell could I get some? I could steal it easily, but I won't get far away fast enough. Blackmail? I don't know anyone here. Work? Can't necessarily work in this condition. I looked at Madiline...prostitution? No, I couldn't love her if she was with another man, and she would hate me all the more too.

I wiped my face with my hand, and sat on my knees with Madiline's back against me. My god she was so beautiful, even as pale as snow. I kissed her soft skin, and helped her put her dress on, with her groaning, "Sire-"

"Don't call me Sire anymore Rabbit, just call me Agma."

"But I don't want to call you a demon." She answered back with me freezing. She knew what it meant, my name. "Then what do you want to call me Rabbit?"

"Sire."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"I just want to, I like that name." Her voice was soft and frail, I knew she was still over half asleep.

"Rabbit?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry about last night, I shouldn't have done it. I'm so sorry, but I couldn't handle myself. Not with you for some reason. Your one that I cannot tame myself against, even now I have the same urges." I mumbled to her, simply holding her in my arms.

"I know Sire, I know all of that. I knew ever since I left my village, what I had gotten myself into. It scared me then, and it scares me now. I don't hate you Sire as I once did, I just fear you. Even now though, now that your vulnerable, I am still afraid to what may come next." Her head dropped, and I could feel her pulse deepen. She was asleep again.

I put the rest of her clothes on her, hearing her screech every once in a while where it hurt her, and I admit that I felt terrible. My god how could I do that to her? I was cruel yes, but not to where I would go that far. Well, I already went that far...so I am that cruel.

I looked around me for anything I'd might of forgotten, and my eyes landed on the bag Rabbit never let off of her. I laid her down slowly, and grabbed the bag looking in. Potions, a spell book, and other stuff. That's how I was going to get my money! Selling this!

I held onto the bag as I slowly put Rabbit on my tail, the wrapped my coat around her, and put on my hat. I walked for so long that I couldn't even count the hours. If I was lucky, I'd spot a fox I couldn't catch, and I was even tempted to eat dirt from hunger.

"Madiline, please tell me we have food." I cried, and I felt he shake her head.

"My bag, where is it?!" She yelped, frantic.

I handed her the worthless bag, and heard her flipping through the book. "Stop moving." She ordered. I growled, but followed. "On your left, there's a tree with arrow looking bark on it, do you see it?"

"Yes, I do."

"Good, all we have to do is peel the bark, and inside there is a syrup that is edible." She told me climbing off my tail, but screamed with pain as she put pressure on her legs.

"No! You must sit still Madiline, you're practically wounded! Here," I lifted her up from the ground, and carried her with on arm while the other picked at the tree. Madiline shivered, but helped too. It took about fifteen minutes, but we managed to get deep into the middle of the tree, and Madiline pressed against the now thin bark, breaking it. She pulled her hand back from the hole, and shiny clear goo was on it.