Arlene's corpse

The restaurant he took me in isn't really as luxurious as I thought it would be. At least not so good looking when compared to its expenses. Somehow I miss Canada. There, the windows would give you an amazing snow lessening view that would greatly build your appetite towards the chocolate fountain. Mum and dad sometimes took me there on my birthdays. It was called the "Scoobi" anyways, He ordered for some sandwich and I was cool with my drink.

"Why do you wear frock all the time?" he asks, pushing the words out between the food particles that are jammed in his mouth.

"Because, you wear jeans and shirt all the time that's why" I reply with pride. He guffaws strewing the food on the table, but does not speak. Hopefully, this is the first time I could finally shut his clever mouth. For a second I feel elated. We are equal now! I am as impressive as he is. With all those complications going on, on my mind I don't really notice zealot gawking at me. I feel uncomfortable so I plan to say something.

"So where do we go from here?"

"Umm... to my house"

"All the way to your house?" I ask a little too exhausted.

"Yah all the way to my house"

"Don't you have a car or something?"

"Yah I sure do"

"Well, why can't you ride me home with your car then?"

"That's because it's resting home" He grins

"No! I can't walk all the way home with you my feet hurt so much already"

"So?"

"Look! Just because you are a guy doesn't mean I'm one too! I should never have bunked school with you at the first place!" I say, thumping my palm on the table and popping my ass off the chair.

"Ow come on! I was only messing with you. Don't be so mean now" I feel relieved to hear that. I really do. I mean, I know I am wrong to wear heels without any experience or despite the fact that the doctor said my feet wasn't capable of wearing one but, I guess I just want to feel more attractive to him or more like, win the war between Arlene and me.

Once he is done eating his sandwich and I with my drink, he grabs a taxi and we head straight to his house which doesn't look so opulent as it does at night. I guess it is the sunlight penetrating part that makes me hate it. Though an optimistic person would say, it is a great and healthy way of living since sunlight contains vitamin D and what so ever. But as for me, I would honestly hate to wake up with this bloody light hitting my face every morning. Anyways, his house looks like a twisted cave that has treasures hidden everywhere. Every time you went in there, you would discover something amazing. He passes his fingers between mine and drags me to the other side of the house. It is really amazing there. There is this huge glass door through which you can see a real big garden. This is what I imagined America all my life! He slides the left glass door to the other side and says "Ladies first" I cross my legs and take a step into the garden. I take off my heels and sink my feet into the soggy grass to feel the warmth of it. The little shade in the garden with colorful flowers waving their way mesmerizes me. At the far end of the garden little children play happily, giving the place more life.

"Are they your neighbors?" I ask, pointing at the kids who are too busy filling their mouth with chocolates that are stored in a basket of a girly bike.

"Hey!" he yells killing the wonder. I shiver by the sudden scream as I ask "What's wrong?" But he is too busy to listen to me. He makes a run to the kids and kicks one of them that scares the others and makes them all "shoo"