Check mate

I walk out of the institution with great plans of starting over, only just to realize I am in an island, far away from America. The land is rocky and full of dead leaves crunching by the step of our shoes it only starts to rain the minute we get out but none of us bother to take shield.

"You alright" He asks looking at me with concerned eyes "I am fine, thank you" He holds me kindly by my shoulder to keep me in balance and we walk along to the border of the island, talking.

"You came all the way up in here to see me?"

"Well, my dad's a traveler besides I owe u for being an asshole"

"No problem I am sorry for calling you a coward"

"No, I mean if I knew who Zealot really was I would have told you about it"

"Where are we?"

"The Camarillo Island"

"How did you arrive here?"

"By a ship it leaves in ten minutes" He replies patiently, squashing my shoulder as I feel the warmth of his body.

"Is Zealot going to be put in jail for me?" I ask a little worried despite all the struggles he made me go through. I realize it isn't my love for him that is making me feel that way but of the promises I made that I couldn't keep.

"He has been taken for questioning earlier. He is in jail Cill is too for sexual harassment"

"How did they know?" I ask, astonished. "I mean I just told you about it now"

"Nancy, you weren't questioned to know the truth the detectives have already found the truth I was sent to confirm if Zealot was behind this. Saw Doctor Lincoln? He is actually a detective"

"So, I was basically tricked by you and, and HIM?! Are you trying to tell me you came all the way here just to confirm if Zealot has really HURT ME?!" I pull myself away from him my voice high yet crooked.

"Hey! Don't make it sound that way I came to see you I heard you asked for me several times and I wanted to see you"

"Why would they not believe me?" I ask him, breaking a little.

"Hey don't cry" he says extending his hands to pull me into his arms again. I rub my eyes, finding everything too hard to settle in my mind and fall into his big belly, hugging him tight. "Hush" He comforts "It will all be ok don't worry you have recovered a lot already"

"But, why would they not believe me?"

"Well, Zealot says you framed him into this because he broke your heart"

"Framed him?! Why would anyone even believe him! This is absurd"

"There is no legal evidence that he hurt you except your diary"

"My diary?! What about it?!" And suddenly everything starts to make sense again. Arlene! Maybe she used the diary to write the consequences that got me here; I mean if I didn't write it, someone must have written it.

"Of course you don't remember. Look, how would you know Zealot hurt you when your memory was wiped away from you? They think you are trying to frame Zealot simply because he broke your heart like you leaked his kissing picture and got yourself expelled" He explains

"Because- I say but my body falls by the unbalanced ground "You ok?" He asks picking me up there is a new scar in my palm but I cover it up quickly before he sees it – Fine anyways, it's because Arlene told me of it! Arlene is me! She told it to me today minutes back!