The Note

"How dare he put his hands on my girl? Wait! I'll show him!" Zealot says as he drags his feet across the street. I always thought, boys love walking girls home but he is hell of an odd guy! He won't raise his lazy ass off at any cost it took me hours to convince him to walk me home. Besides, I don't want to sleep over at his house for another night and fail to complete my homework of the weekends. I have been absent for two days to load enough homework already!

"I think it was cute of him smoking isn't good for our health anyways" I interrupt my thought with my words.

"Yah When I tried to drag you to bed that didn't feel CUTE but when he slapped your face for smoking that gave you pleasure didn't it?"

"Ow come on don't be jealous!" I grin. Zealot looks like the most adorable person when he is jealous so I do it on purpose to see his features contract to the center of his face.

"Huh! Jealous? No girl!"

"Why do you call me girl? I mean I know I'm a girl but would you bother calling me by a name please?" he lets out a sudden loud laugh. I don't quite understand what is so damn funny but I don't bother asking. "Babe then?" He asks jumping in front of me abruptly. "Yah" I say, but I am not paying attention anymore a flash light disturbs the corner of my eye and I look across the street to perceive the light that absorbed the darkness. A single car at the opposite of the road moves in slow motion guiding our footsteps. "Wait, I'll be right back" I say giving him a kiss on his chest absent mindedly and cross the road to approach the car. I see number of eyes stare at me, but as I get closer it is only Alivia staring at me her eyes huge and circle as an "O" for a second I think Arlene may be with her but, if she was, then where has she disappeared in a second? On the other hand, I distinctly remember seeing two people in the front seats from the distance. What would that mean? Why would Alivia even follow us? This explains two things either, Arlene sent her to follow me or she herself is following me but hid herself quickly somewhere so that I wouldn't notice her but whatever it is, it isn't legal to follow someone unless they are some criminal or something.

"Alivia? Why are you following us? Didn't I tell you to stay away from us?"

"I had to! I'm doing it for your own safety!" She admits simmering her voice as I came closer.

"My safety?! I asked Abraham about it, he said Zealot never went out with Arlene. Know what that means? Please don't push it!" Zealot yells my name from the other side of the street but I don't turn back "He loves me and I love him. He went through enough already! Let me make him happy! Don't hurt- I don't get to finish my speech someone pushes me hard on my back and my body flies and hits the door of Alivia's car as I collapse. A loaded truck passes me by inches and I try to pick myself up hoping my ribs didn't break "There was a truck passing by! Are you blind?! What if it hit you?" Zealot asks, shaking my body by my shoulder. I throw my weak body onto his shoulder and take my time to overcome the shock "I... I... I'm sorry" I stammer drinking my own saliva before I let myself exhale properly. His body drops as he sighs "I love you" he whispers letting me go.

"You two are going out?!" Alivia asks unaffected by the fact that I was about to die!

"Don't be so shocked Alivia and stop following me!"

"I am not following you Nancy you are not a celebrity here!"

"I saw Arlene with-

"Are you new? Because I don't quite seem to know you I suppose" Zealot intrudes, bending down to reach her eye level.

"Hi! I am Alivia I heard a lot about you" She says pulling her plump hand out of the window for a handclasp. (Pretending to be Selma) I roll my eyes being mad about Zealot interrupting me after I just got insulted by Alivia.