The Forgetting pill

( Sabby )

"Bullshit!" Sabby barks "He doesn't love you I'm sure Arlene dumped him and that's why he has come back running to you"

"Yah, you aren't troubled by Arlene anymore, this explains it all Nancy, she is over him!" Selma adds to support Sabby.

"Well, she still visits my home at times when I'm gone"

"How are you so sure?" They ask curiously.

"Well, my diary that Zealot handed me before? It has gone missing again. She visits my house when I'm at school" I explain as Sabby gapes at me, totally clueless. It is midnight. We sit on the footpath of an empty road after having a heavy meal, talking about all our troubles, not willing to go back home.

"You fool" Selma says madly "If you are so sure of it then why haven't you stayed back to see what she is up to?"

"Well, I don't want to miss my classes, I need good grades"

"You can't be serious Nancy! What if she is trying to write something harmful against you again? Get that diary from her TONIGHT!"

"I am not bothered Selma because I know Zealot won't fool himself to believe her lies the same way again"

"What way exactly" Sabby asks yet confused.

"Arlene convinced Zealot to believe Nancy is cheating on him with a diary that had bad stuffs written about him" Selma adds, diffusing Sabby's confusion.

"No one convinces zealot! He is evil and listens only to himself" Sabby answers at once.

"But Abraham said- I am halted by a short snout Sabby makes at the sound of his name. I told Selma about my observations about her breakup this afternoon where the two of us waited for Sabby's arrival. Holding my curiosity for such a long time, I finally spit out the question I've been waiting since morning to ask. "How is Alivia the reason you guys are apart?"

"Isn't it obvious Nancy? She jumped onto him and tried to kiss him!"

"How is that his fault?!"

"She used to flirt with him and he never said a thing! Ever! This is why she had the guts to kiss him today!"

"So that's why she left the class crying today because Abraham pushed her away?" I state understandingly.

"Not exactly" Sabby explains quietly "I mean, she must have been crying because he pushed her away but she didn't leave they swapped her with you"

My body freezes at the sound of that. All this time I hadn't had a problem being in the other section but imagining myself being swapped with ALIVIA now makes me jolt. How have I never understood?! Now Alivia will be manipulating him to get back with Arlene for sure and I will be broken once more.