A lover

My deep breaths are the only thing that can be heard in the night of cold breeze I don't stop to think who it is, it doesn't matter anyways all that matters is to get myself as far away from Cill as possible walking feels like a foolish thing to do so I sprint instead, expecting him to come back his long leg seems to be catching up after a while as I hear heavy footsteps behind me I don't feel tired but scared. A moment later it clicks my mind that Abrahams place would be the safest place to be I can't risk Cill knowing the address of my house my abrupt plan seems to come of a good use as the footsteps behind me stops.

"Abraham! My. Bay? Let me in, please! I am being followed" And soon emerges the footsteps of Mr. Bay.

"Nancy? Is everything alright? What are you doing lurking around in the middle of the night?" Abrahams peeping face emerges almost immediately from the gap of his bedroom as Mr. Bay speaks again. "Ah! Abraham, there you are. Your best- I intrude Mr. Bay, speaking to Abraham as though he hasn't even been here.

"Abraham! I need to call my parents can you lend me your cell phone please?" He hesitates as though haunting for words and then, simply replies- "What's wrong with yours?"

"You know they are mad at me Abraham! They won't pick my call!" At this, both Abraham and his Dad shares guilty looks I wonder why but I say nothing because, the more the matter is delayed the longer I may be able to stay at the Bays and the quicker Cill will take his flight. They throw argumentative looks at each other now, both of whom edging their eye to point at me.

"Am I interrupting something? Should I come some other time or, something?" I suggest

"Yeah! A good idea" Abraham replies nervously. "Abraham!" His dad gives him an angry stare. "Nancy, would you like some Ice-Cream?" "Abraham, why don't you give Nancy a company eh?" he adds rather forcefully and without listening to any of our opinion he disappears behind the refrigerator. His excuse to search an Ice-Cream feels like a longing adventure to find a treasure Abraham and I sit in the living room in silence as Mr. Bay finally gives up delaying the topic and sits at the opposite side of the table offering me a pistachio ice-Cream.

"You know, Nancy- "Sweetheart" He adds to appear more polite "You could tell us what's wrong I am sure we can sort it out"

"I don't mean to be mean Mr. Bay, but it is sort of personal"

"There are no secrets between best friends eh?" He says rather convincingly as Abraham gives him a well-played- Dad node.

"Am I missing something?" I ask looking from one to another it's obvious they are hiding something I am sure of it now they seem to realize it too as there wanna-be happy faces is flushed.

"Why don't you tell her father?" Abraham requests.

"You are her best friend, no secrets remember?" His dad replies through gritted teeth Abraham sighs and speaks "Why don't I walk you home and talk about it?"

"Yes" I say almost immediately with Abraham aside me I know Cill won't have a chance to hurt me feeling a little lighter now I walk out of the Bays with Abraham.

"Teddy? Now that you have the excuse of not telling me the secret, would you still bother telling me about it if I told you about mine?"

"It isn't like that Nancy" He answers rather worriedly.

"Well, what is it then? Tell me about it"

"Nancy, your parents are sort of not returning until well until at least 2 months"

"I, I don't get what you mean exactly"

"Your father had a brain injury in an accident so well it is risky for him to travel now so, yeah" He tries to make it sound simple but it feels nothing like it. His feelings feel nothing compared to mine my breath feels stuck, my mouth dry the whole thing feels like nothing but a nightmare.