Week Nine: Performance

I honestly don't know if I would have made it through this week without Lane. He has been there for me time and time again and I don't know how I'll ever repay him. We wait for Tiffany and Walter to get done their number before it's our turn to perform. We get into position on stage. The music starts and right before Lane gives me the note he kisses me on the forehead. I smile at the thought and it helps me get through the dance.

I do my solo part first dancing my emotions out about him leaving. He dances towards me doing his solo attempting to tell me it will all be okay. We dance together my hurt showing the whole time. I channel all my emotions I have been feeling this week into my dancing. We give all the stunts our all and try to keep the energy alive the whole time. The emotion is clear on both of our faces as we go into our last quarter of the dance. At the end I take his jacket and wrap it around myself putting both arms in the sleeves. We walk off the stage and he hugs me.

We both pull back and I find myself staring at his lips. I look up to see he is staring at mine as well. This has been such a long, hard and intimate week for both of us and I honestly would be okay if this is the moment we have our first kiss in.

"You guys were amazing!" Winter says breaking up whatever moment Lane and I were about to have.

"Thanks."

"Talk later?" Winter asks me.

"Of course." I nod to her. Lane and I head to the audience already missed over half of Shelli and Cameron's dance. We watch dance after dance neither of us saying anything about the moment we almost had backstage. We wait for the list to be posted. My jaw drops when I see it.

"Oh my god we placed first!" I jump into Lane's arms and he spins me around

"Oh my god we placed first!" I jump into Lane's arms and he spins me around. My adrenaline is pumping I'm so excited. I am jumping and laughing. We proved a point this week. We are in this competition and we are taking it seriously.

~

"We need to watch her."

"I thought we were watching all of them, Winter and Simon, Tiffany and Walter and Cassandra and Lane."

"Cassandra and Lane weren't real threats until they placed first which they did this week."

"That was a really good routine though."

"Vinnie focus. The odd weeks they do Lyrical hip hop right?"

"Yep."

"And Cassandra as said she has never done that before. For her to place first in only nine weeks of learning about lyrical hip hop is insane. If anyone is the biggest threat I would say it's her."

"But could she have been lying about not knowing it before?"

"Why would she lie about that Vinnie? What has she gained by lying about it?"

"Nothing I guess. Just people underestimating her."

"That is very true and a very good strategy." Shelli says.