11 <the unwanted party guest>

Chapter 11 - the unwanted party guest

Kelly’s POV

“Come on Kelly! That’s enough makeover already!” shouted RJ as I was still in my room, fixed by Jelly.

“Coming!”

“Wa-wa-wa-wait. You forgot your earrings. Here, let me,” my besttie said as she handed me my accessories.

“Thanks. Are you sure you don’t want to come? I’m positive that Jake won’t mind if you come nor Nikki,” I grinned.

“As much as I want to… Sigh… I can’t. You do know that my cousins will have a sleepover tonight right?”

“Oh, yeah. I totally forgot. I really wish I could hang out with them too. Too bad I already gave my word to Jake.”

“Are you kidding me? You feel bad?” she chuckled. “Kelly you shouldn’t be. You’re beautiful tonight. Look!” I glared at the mirror near me. She’s right a little about that. I don’t look that bad at all.

“Yeah. Keep telling me that,” I answered, ignoring her compliment.

“Kelly! Grandpa’s here. We better go!” called my brother again, waiting for me with grandpa downstairs.

“I better go. Say hi to Tina for me, okay?”

“Only to Tina?” she teased.

“Alright. Tell his brother Ken too if that’s what you want. I’ll get going. Take care!” I left as I waved at

her, smiling. 

-----

The ride to Jake’s grandfather’s thanksgiving party was a little nerve-wracking. I got to meet the Santiago family! Is that a good or a bad thing?!

I just hoped my outfit was suited for the occasion. I wore a dark blue dress, matched up with light yellow stilettos. Jelly settled my hair with heavy curls, making it flow down my shoulders freely. My make-up wasn’t that bad too since it was not as too much as the girls in class.

As we climbed out of the car, as expected, Nikki was already waiting for us. “Oh my Kelly! You’re gorgeous! And grandpa? Don’t worry your suit goes well too,” she complimented.

“How about me?” RJ blurted.

“Of course you’re as handsome as ever,” Nikki replied, kissing my brother. “Let’s go inside?”

I thought Jake told me they’ll only be family but from what I saw that night, it looked like there was a business gathering or something. Bachelors. Bachelorettes. Senior citizens who were classier than ever. There were people my age too but they’re interacting with the others like adults.

“Kelly this is my grandpa Richard, the birthday celebrant. I’m pretty sure you haven’t met him yet right?”

I nodded and greeted, “Good evening sir! Pleasure to meet you sir.”

“Oh don’t sir me. Just call me Richard. By the way, thank you for the composition you’ve made for my wife. It was amazing,” he complimented, smiling.

“Oh, you’re the Richard grandpa has been referring to?  I’m Kelly. I’m happy you liked my work sir. I-I mean Richard,” I replied.

“So you are the Kelly that Nathan’s always talking about. My-my. You raised an excellent granddaughter there George,” he spoke as he diverted his attention to my grandfather.

“I surely did. So how about we talk about old times over there and let these kids enjoy the party. What do ya say?” grandpa suggested.

“I was thinking that too. Come on let’s go this way. Excuse us kids,” we nodded as they both left.