Ninja Turtle Piggy Bank

C O N N O R
I shove my phone deep into my pocket, running down the stairs and climbing out of the window quickly. This is it, my chance to make everything right again. Once back to my house I press my ear to the front door. I don't hear anything, which is good, so I open it and run quietly to my bedroom. I pack a few outfits, my charger, about 50 bucks from my Ninja Turtle piggy bank, and my only picture of me and Troye that I have developed.

I remember taking this like it was yesterday, even though it was only last Wednesday. It was after leaving the hospital, my mom decided that we needed to photograph the time I was able to hear again (And the memory of my first boyfriend, but that's between us three).

Once my bag is packed I pull my phone back out and text my mom.

C- I'm going to Australia. Troye's mom is paying for everything, I just need my passport and birth certificate.

I don't get a reply for a good ten minutes, then there's a knock at my door. I unlock it and peek out to find my mom. I let her in and she closes it softly behind her. She sighs.

"Connor, moving to Australia is a big deal. I'm sure I can talk to your dad-"

"No. I want to be with Troye." She gives me a hard stare and I feel like a little kid again. Standing before her with a scraped knee asking for a bandaid. Eventually she nods.

"Okay." Another sigh. "Okay, fine. But be safe okay?" I nod and offer her a small smile.

"I will, I promise." She sniffles a bit and I notice the tears falling.

"Your such a good boy Connor." She says, placing a hand on my check. "So independent and strong." If only she knew. I lean into her touch and she smiles. "I'm going to miss you so so much." She sobs out, pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you too mom." I try my best to hold back tears as she pulls away.

"I can't believe I'm letting you do this." Then she turns away and walks out of the room. I look around, trying to calm myself.

This house, this house where I've grown up, is now a place of bad memories and lies. All the years I spent faking straight are years my dad has subconsciously spent hating me. His own son, flesh and blood, a disease to him. How depressing, at least Troye wants me. And know I'll have him, we'll be one again.

"Here," my mom says coming through the door again. She hands me a booklet full of a few documents. "You have everything?" I nod.

"Yeah, but my flight doesn't leave till tomorrow morning."

"You-"

"Cheryl?!" My dad booms from a few rooms over and my moms eyes widen.

"Coming!" She shouts back. "You have to go, can you stay somewhere?" I nod again and she peaks out of the door.

"We're going to have to sneak you out."
---
After sneaking out of my own house I crawled back through the Mellets old houses' window and went to Troye's room, staying the night one last time before boarding the plane to LAX. I looked up the flight and where the lay overs will be before boarding.

LAX, to Tahiti, to Perth.

I'm in Tahiti right now, waiting to board for the last time before being with Troye again. My stomach is full of nerves, twisted darkly and making me sick. My phone rings.

"Mrs. Mellet?" I ask, looking at the familiar unknown number that I haven't gotten around to saving.

"Please, call me Laurelle." I giggle a bit, blushing and looking at the coffee in my hand.