5: SOME WAND

" We'll start with some basic physical training, let me see your fist"

"Uh Why?"

"Because you'd be surprised the number of people break their their fist with the wrong kind of punch". I show him my fist and he rearranges it and sets my stance and all the other stuff.
He steps back, inspects and with a nod of approval " Now let me see you swing".

After a few minutes, its clear that am gonna need a lot of help if am gonna be saving anyone. I am fast and flexible, that much has been established. But am also clumsy, terrible at punching and ducking, I fall on my butt countless times and even manage to throw Alex off his feet.

" Ok I think that's enough for today".

He stands and reaches out a hand to help me up.

" Yeah, we should call it a day". I use my other hand too massage my sore back.

" You have potential though".

I stare at him for seconds and then we both burst out laughing.
It feels good, after all the drama of the last couple of days to just let go and laugh. Even though its at my expense.

After, like an eternity, we finally calm down and I start getting ready to leave.
" I better get going, I kinda have other plans".

"Ok, you'll be joining us next class and everyone after".

Nodding, I turn and walk out.

*******************************************************

I glance at the clock and see that its 8:09. I spent 8 hours at the academy but only 8 minutes here, creepy.

I guess that means I can still do stuff with Tori. I call her and we make plans to meet at our all time favourite place since we were kids, Reggie's.

It has pizza, burger, all the milkshakes  and smoothies you can think of, a bowling ally and an arcade. Everytime, I feel down, I just go there and forget everything.

We enter and head to our table where we see a couple of other friends, Rita, Ellis, Riley, Drew, and Heather.

"Hey guys"

" Sup, what took you guys so long"

"Doesn't matter, theyre here now so lets have a blast".

And just like that, even for a few hours, I forget about everything, the maximum, the academy and the legend and just have fun with this, this is familiar, this is safe.

************************************

"So are you gonna tell me what's up or are you gonna keep brooding like the whole world is on your shoulders?".

We were back in my room, on my bed watching old Disney movies.

I was wondering when she'd get the vibe. Its like she has a gift, she could tell if something was wrong with you even if you smiled like you just won a billion dollars.

I am this close to telling her, but then I remember the professors warning and I don't.

"Nothing, am just really tired"

" So you're not telling me ", she cocks her head and looks at me for like an eternity, and then with a softer voice she says "When you're ready to tell me, i'll be here okay?" I nod and we settle down.

Somewhere during the fourth movie, we fall asleep.

After Tori leaves, I get up to get ready for another day at the academy.

First period is sorcery, so I go without Nikki. On my way, I stop at the professors office to get my wand. He tells me some Harry Potter nonsense that " the wand chooses you" blah blah blah. After going through like a thousand wands, the professor is not convinced, I honestly dont know what he's looking for. I finally find or rather, the wand finally finds me.

It is black with golden phoenix feathers and when I touch it, a jolt of warmth goes through me, and a spark flies out.

I glance at the professor for approval, but he is looking at me with a funny expression on his face it looks like a mixture of awe and fear.

"I knew you were an all powerful maximum, but I..I..didn't k..know you w..were..were..were......"

"What" I am totally confused right now.

"That wand belongs to one of the most powerful sorcerers in the world, he was the one that brought us were, and he's all powerful and now y..you h..h..have his w.w.wand".

I shake my head, "I'm still pretty confused"

"You, a maximum of the most powerful elemental is in possession of the most powerful wand, do you know what that means?

I obviously dont, so I shake my head.

"It means.........you are in grave danger.

Well that's comforting.

*********************************************

" Good morning class, we have a new blah blah blah welcome max blah blah blah Mrs Newt blah blah blah enjoy your stay blah blah blah".

Sorcery is just a blur as I keep going over what the professor said, I look at my wand and remember the warm feeling that went through me when I touched it, what did he mean by am in "grave danger" all of this is just so confusing and...
"Max would you like to try?"

I'm startled when she calls my name, I look up and try to remember what she just said.

" Um.. Yeah sure"

"Great, now Zach here will show you how its done".

A tall boy with dark long hair and brown eyes stands and demonstrates.

He says some incantations and the cup we are practising on rises into the air.

At that point, I look like Johnny Bravo as my jaw hits the floor.

He waves it around a little then returns it to its initial position.

"Ok Max, think you can try?"

Now am nervous. I pick up my jaw from the floor, step foward and bring out my wand. I near a few gasps as people notice the wand. "Oh great".

I mumble the incantation I heard Zach say earlier and the cup rises into the air. All I can think is "Wow!". I rotate my wand and the cup rotates, this is like the most awesome thing ever.

Suddenly, the wand begins to get hot, and the cup starts flying out of control, other objects around the room join in and soon the whole room is flying out of control. Shocked, I abruptly drop the wand and everything falls.

Now everyone is really staring at me with expressions of fear, awe and is that jealousy?
I don't stick around to find out, I grab my wand and run out of the class.

This is some wand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally Updated!

I am so sorry for taking so long, I have been so busy

Take this chapter as a late Christmas and early new year gift.

And its long!

Happy new year in advance, see y'all in 2016!!!!