Prologue

Katherine was eleven years old when Loki begged (not that he would admit it) on his knees for Heimdall to let them through to Asgard. 

He did.

"What brings you back here so urgently that you begged the gatekeeper?" The golden eyed man had asked. 

"There are people who come for us." Loki gestured to the thin but tall girl holding his hand. "They would hurt my child. I need to speak with Thor and the Allfather."

Reluctantly, the Gatekeeper allowed them to walk past him, and Loki led his daughter down the Bifrost. 

Lady Sif and the Warrior's Three awaited them at the end.

"I'll watch her while you-" Sif stepped forward. 

"No!" Loki snapped. "She will come with me." He gently pulled his daughter along, and she watched the three men and woman follow them until they reached a large palace made of gold and jewels. 

"Is this where he lives, Father?" Katherine asked quietly. 

"Yes." He answered. "And you will meet him. Address him as 'Sir'. Understood?"

"Yes, Father."

They were brought to a large throne room where Thor stood to the side, and Odin was seated on the large throne where Loki remembered sitting. 

"Loki Laufeyson. and Child." The All father's voice hoarsely echoed through the room. 

"Brother.." Thor walked forward. "She is beautiful." He smiled and walked over to her, kneeling down. "Little Katherine...I am-"

"I know who you are." She interrupted, clutching Loki's hand tighter. "Uncle Thor, God of Thunder."

She looked him in the eye, showing her face fully. Thor looked a tad surprised.

"Ah. She has the makings of the monsters in her." Odin spoke up, looking at the red pupils against her otherwise pale skin. "or rather...half mortal, half monster."

"You will not speak of any child of mine this way!" Loki yelled. "Thor, take her while I speak,...please?"

Thor looked at his younger brother and nodded. He offered a hand to his niece, who slowly took it. Thor led her out of the room, leaving Loki and Odin alone. 

"Allfather, I beg of you. They will hurt my child. S.H.I.E.L.D. They know where we reside. Katherine and I need somewhere safe, a haven. Asgard is perfect. I shan't cause any trouble, you have my word."

Odin rubbed his forehead slowly.

"You have my permission. Your magic will be limited, and you are not allowed out of this realm, although you may walk freely among it."

"Thank you, Allfather." Loki turned to leave.

"Know that I only do this for Frigga."

Loki slowly nodded and left the room the find Katherine looking at Thor's hammer with wonder.

"Katherine, we will stay in Asgard." 

She jumped into her father's arms excitedly, and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

"And we'll be safe?"

"Yes. I will keep my promise to Mummy." He whispered into her hair.