Chapter Five

Katherine woke up to Darcy gently shaking her.

"Hey girl, rise and shine."

Katherine rolled over and looked at the clock.

6:30.

"Come one, time to get your breakfast on." Darcy said as she left the room.

Katherine walked out to find everyone half awake in their pyjamas all drinking coffee.

"Good morning." Erik mumbled. "The bus will be here soon," Jane said. "So you should eat and get ready."

Nodding, Katherine sat down as Ian brought over toast.

"This is bread, yes?" She inquired upon putting it in her mouth.

"Yes, it's toasted." Erik said from behind his coffee.

"Toasted is when they put it in a small machine that burns the bread." Thor explained triumphantly.

Jane yawned loudly, causing a chain reaction.

"Remind me again why we all had to get up so she can go to school?" Darcy asked.

Jane slapped her friend's arm.

"What? All I'm saying is, I finished all that like a hundred years ago."

Katherine stood up and smiled.

"No, it is fine. Sleep if you would like. I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable for my sake."

As she walked back into her bedroom she heard Erik.

"Are you positive she's related to the old bat?"

"Well, two negatives equal a positive." Darcy replied.

"Darcy!" Jane snapped in a whisper.

Smiling to herself, Katherine closed the door behind her and looked in the mirror.

The day before she had looked through a magazine she found to get an idea for what to wear, and had decided a lot of the clothes were very revealing.

She tried a black maxi skirt with a red long sleeved shirt that was off the shoulder.

She ruffled her shirt hair and looked at her red pupils.

She hadn't thought of what to do about them.

Shrugging, she walked out if the room.

"Wow." Ian said.

Darcy slapped his arm and Thor laughed. In front of the god was a large plate of pancakes doused in syrup.

"When you return I shall make you these fluffy sugar breads!" He exclaimed.

Jane put a jacket over her pyjamas and slipped her sneaker on.

"I'll walk you to the bus stop." She said, opening the door.

Katherine nodded and waved to everyone. "Farewell, I shall see you later."

Jane walked to the bus stop, then turned.

"Alright, good luck." She laughed and started back to the apartment.

Katherine stood by herself in the gentle breeze until a loud horn sounded, making her jump.

The bus pulled to a stop in front of her, and the doors opened.

Katherine slowly walked up the steps, and stood in front of the driver. She looked at him expectantly, and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Go sit down." He said rudely, gesturing at the seats behind him.