Chapter Ten

For the next week Katherine didn't contact her father.

His magic being restricted, Loki was unable to attempt to reach her, so he simply had to wait until she talked to him again.

Which she didn't.

It was the day of the art show, and Katherine was in her bedroom trying to decide on how to dress.

A light tap came on her door and Natasha peered in.

"Hey." She said.

Through the two weeks she had spent with The Avengers Katherine had enjoyed herself very much.

Tony had taken to teaching her how to use technology and how to use her 'phone', and Steve enjoyed spending poetry filled afternoons with her.

Clint and Natasha would take her to the training room and work on combat and strategy.

Bruce enjoyed exchanging notes on Midgardian and Asgardian science, and every person she lent her time to was amazed at her abilities to learn, write, fight and teach.

She felt like in just two weeks she was a member of their 'family'.

A hero.

Someone recognizable for their talents, not their parents.

"Please, come in." Katherine waved a pale hand at the Russian, gesturing for her to step into the room.

After closing the door behind her, Nat looked at the dresses and other outfits scattered across the bed and floor.

"Going out?" She asked with an eyebrow raise.

"Yes, someone I care for deeply has invited me to join them for an 'art show'."

"Oooh." Natasha looked at the different options. "I like this one." She said, running her fingers over a dress.

Katherine picked it up, it was an ice blue, and it had long sleeves.

"Go try it in." Nat suggested, but in a second Katherine clothes were replaced with the dress the redhead had picked.

"Oh." Nat looked at her. "I guess that works too."

Katherine looked in the full length mirror and looked at every angle.

The dress cut off at the knee, and it was quite tight, showing off her tall and thin but subtly curvy body.

The top swerved down under collar bone, and Katherine got a chill.

"I think it's a bit revealing." Katherine admitted.

"No, he'll love it." Nat replied.

"Who?" Katherine asked.

"The guy you wanna impress."

"I wish to impress no male. Her name is Anita."

Nat stood with her mouth slightly agape but quickly shut it and smiled.

A rare sight.

"Oh, I see. Well," Natasha walked forward and brushed aside some hair and fixed other parts on Katherine's head. "I think you'll knock her dead."

Anita was waiting down the road like Katherine had instructed, not wanting Anita to know she was staying at The Avengers tower.

Katherine had put on a deep red peacoat over her dress, and was wearing a pair of white heels Natasha had lent her.

Katherine walked down the street until she found her friend waiting outside a car.

"Katherine! You look stunning!" Anita exclaimed as she looked her tall friend up and down.