Chapter 6

Hiccup sat down at the table in the Great Hall waiting for her father to come and tell her what happened. The teens sat around the table with her while Toothless slept on the floor to regain his strength after a hard battle with the outcasts. Turns out that after Hiccup had taken her shifting abilities to a whole new level, Stoick was able to knock Savage out from the side of his head and take him away to the prison with the other captured outcasts. Toothless had managed to calm Hiccup down long enough for the green aura to go away. But what they didn't count on was the shifting counterparts to go away as well.

Rubbing her arms to keep the cold away, she felt something be placed around her shoulders and looked up to see Aden placing his warm fur cloak around her shoulders. Smiling at him with gratitude, Hiccup pulled the cloak tighter around herself as the doors opened letting the cold air in. When they closed, she still pulled it tighter around herself because of what she doesn't have on to keep her warm. Soft footsteps came forward, followed by hard footsteps, to where Hiccup sat and stopped.

Looking up once again, Hiccup saw it was her foster sister, with Stormslice behind her and her back-up clothes that she had stowed away on the island just in case of the first shift. Smiling, she stood up, took the clothes from Heather, and hugged her tightly while crying sadly because of what she went through. She had almost witnessed her best friend died, felt the pain of her first shift, and had almost died herself. Heather patted her back in a comforting gesture while making soft comments like "everything is going to be okay sis" or "don't worry the outcasts can't hurt you from here."

Soon enough, the crying subsided and Hiccup retracted from the hug to say her thanks before heading behind her father's throne to change. It was that or go outside into the cold weather to change in the forest. Once when she got the back-up clothes back on, which consisted of the same outfit she wore earlier before it ripped during her shift, she came back out holding her ragged ones and sat down at the table resolving herself to remake these clothes sometime soon. Looking at Aden, Hiccup remembered the cloak and took it out from the pile before tossing it to him. He caught it fastly with his hands, because he has the speed and agile of a fox that he can shift into, and nodded his head at her as a gesture of his thanks.

Nodding her head back to say her respect, Hiccup turned to Heather and gestured for her to sit beside her. Heather hesitated for a moment then sat with her. It was quiet for a moment until Snotlout said "Hey babe, let's say you and me go out on a date cause I'm sure you missed my beautiful face."

Hiccup was about to say something angrily to him until Heather placed a hand on her shoulder and looked at her with a face telling Hiccup that she got this one. Smiling, Hiccup gestured for her to do so. Heather smirked evilly before turning to Snotlout, sitting in front of them both, with a smug smile before saying, "Let's say that the moment you date me is the moment when I give the signal to my dragon to allow her to shoot her spines at you for a quick death. Do you want that?"

Snotlout's face turning pale answered her question. Hiccup laughed happily at that because it was time someone put Snotlout in his place. "Oh and Snotlout, you flirt with my sister one more time, Toothless over here will have the joy of blasting you to the edges of the world and I won't give a rabbit's crap about shedding a single tear over that," sneered Hiccup in a threatening tone while attempting to stand up but Heather held her down on her shoulder.

"Hiccup, it's okay. I can stand up for myself. I'm not the same girl that I was when I lost my whole tribe to Dagger. Remember that," Heather said calmly.

Once she said that Hiccup took a deep breath in and sat down the rest of the way before saying, "That still doesn't mean that I worry for you Heather."

"I know and I love you for that sis," replied Heather as she hugged her sister side ways before letting go and eating the meal that was placed before her.