part 15 - unexpected

Nate's POV

I’ve heard that Iris was sick. I was worried but I don’t know where her house is, it was weekdays so I have no one to ask, most of my friends don’t really know Iris. I also heard Kaden went to check on her, without telling me? where did he get her address? is he falling for her or something?

"Hey man" a hand land on my shoulder.

"Heard you were at Iris?" yep, it was Kaden

"Straight to the point aren’t we?" I snorted at him

" I was and I assure you, nothing happend to your precious princess. She's safe and sound" I don’t like it when Kaden told me that he called her princess, I was a little jealous and now he said she’s my princess. I don’t get what’s in his mind really

" She's not my princess dude"

"Really? She's not? Well, she's mine then" I stopped, Kaden just keep walking. was he for real? Just now he said, ah, never mind.

****  

I was walking to the auditorium for my next class which is PE, I stopped when I hear people talking, didn’t mean to eavesdrop, I’m just curious, curiosity killed the cat remember?

"So, girls. Remember what I had told you?" a voice said

"Of course! It’s gonna be so much fun!" it’s a different voice from before. Fun? Are they planning some kind of party?

" I don’t want this to fail. Make sure it is perfectly done. Way better than before" it is back to the voice I first heard. I was just about to barge and spoil whatever party plan they have when I heard the same voice said something shocking

" I want to see her cry her eyes out, I want her to stop smiling and I want her to feel betrayed" She was not laughing hysterically nor is she talking madly. Her voice just gives the chill. Like she's pure evil. This definitely got nothing to do with parties instead it was dead serious.

"So, you want Iris to feel betrayed by Kaden?" It was another different voice, how many are they?! And they're talking about Iris?! what does that mean? feel betrayed by Kaden?

"Yes! my last plan doesn’t seems to work that much. Those pictures doesn’t affect her badly. Iris needs to know who's the boss. she needs to know not to mess with whats mine" Wow, she sounds like some powerful mafia dude, the different would be she's a girl.

I went closer to the door so that I can take a glimpse of them silently. My eyes widen. It must be deceiving me. It cant be! I saw Marissa and her friends rounded up talking seriously. Marissa was the only one standing while the others are sitting. It’s like she's the leader. Well, obviously she's the leader but why? Iris never really got any problem with her and she was really nice with everyone, even Iris! was she pretending all this time? This new side of Marissa is shocking. What did Iris ever took from her? I need to find out more! This is starting to get mysterious like Nancy Drew or  something. They were giggling and Marissa seems to whisper something I can’t hear from where I am.

‘I’m waking up to ash and dust..'

oh shit! I quickly grab my phone, perfect timing to call me Mase! *sigh* they might hear it, I have to pretend, I can’t let them know that I know their plan. So I answered the call, walk coolly into the auditorium pretending I just arrived. Their jaw drops, all of them have a shock and panic reaction, Marissa and some of them was scrambbling but managed to look normal, I admit, she got some acting skills, but I can act too. I just gave them a fake smile pretend to be busy on the phone while their eyes shows a horrifying look.

I was on the phone "Yeah Mase. I got it. Class is starting man. See ya at practise" I lied and hung up before he could say anything else.

I eyed them carefully "Ladies" I said, trying my best to smile wide. They just stood there like a statue, but I act cool, like I always do