Chapter 5: The Need to take her back

"You won't believe it Dad! I FOUND ALLYSSA!" Masiglang bungad ko pagdating ko sa bahay namin.

"That's fast! Kahapon ko lang sinabi sayong hanapin mo siya at ngayon nahanap mo na. Good job young man." Bakas ang tuwa sa ngiti ni Dad.

"Seat down and join us. Manang paki-kuha nga po ng plato at Kubyertos si Richard please."

"So how did you found her?" tanong ni Mommy pagbaling niya sa akin.

"Well, I had an interview for Philippine Rizal International University's School News. And guess what? She's a school staffer! But I haven't talk to her yet. After the interview, bigla na lang siyang nagmamadaling umalis kaya hindi ko siya nakausap. BUT STILL! I found her! And I know where she is! "

"Then puntahan natin siya bukas?" suggest ni Mommy.

"May importante akong meeting bukas, Why not invite her for dinner?"

"In that case, I agree with Dad. I'll fetch her for dinner na lang bukas."

"Hindi pa kami nakaka-sampung minuto kumakain, ay tumunog na ang phone ni Dad. He excuse himself and stood up. He's back to his business.

I shrugged it off kasi sanay naman akong wala sila. One moment we're a Perfect family, the next we're the typical rich family where parents put their business first before anything else.

I always envied how Ally's parents balanced their time for work and for Ally.

My Dad works with the company with them but he can't manage to spare us time longer..

Ally, on the other hand, was treated like a princess by her parents. I was his knight back then...

Yeah.. her personal knight to protect her..

Knight to protect her?..

It feels weird to consider me her knight when I did cruel things to her.

I pushed her away..

Madami kaming dapat pag-usapan para maayos ang lahat sa amin ni Ally.

Kailangan kong humingi ng sorry sa lahat ng mga maling ginawa ko sa kanya.

Flash back:

Masaya akong naging kami ni Allison. Pero pansin kong hindi sumasama sa amin si Ally.

"Yaan mo na siya Chard kung ayaw niya... Baka way niya lang yun para magkaroon tayo ng time na para sa atin lang dalawa." Binigyan niya ako ng napaka tamis na ngiti at inaya na sa mall.

Tutulungan sana namin si Ally sa ginagawa niya para sa Annual Year End Ball. Pero simula nang maging kami ni Allison, parang lumalayo sa amin si Ally.

Madalas niyang sabihin na marami siyang ginagawa dahil sinasalo niya ang gawain ng SC President namin ay pinadala ng school sa ilang out of town seminars and forums. Kaya dapat ay tutulungan namin siya pero ang sabi niya ay may aasikasuhin siya. Nang tanungin ko kung gusto niya na samahan namin siya, ang sabi niya ay kaya na niya at saka nagmamadaling umalis.

"Babe, Ito na lang panoorin natin..."
Ngumiti lang ako sa kanya at pumunta na sa cashier.
Habang hindi pa nagsisimula ang palabas, nag-uusap kami ni Allison. Napaka sweet niya talaga. Siya yung babaeng gugustuhin mong protektahan kasi parang napaka fragile niya.

***

“Babe, Dapat sa Annual Year End Ball tayo ang maging King and Queen of the night ahh! Para magical! That will be the sweetest thing I’ll treasure in my life kung tayo talaga ang mananalo.”  She gave me her sweetest smile
I kneeled before her and ask for her hand “Pagnangyari yun, Luluhod ako ng ganito. Tapos hahalikan ko ang kamay mo.. parang ganito.” And I kissed her hand. “…Tapos, tatanungin kita, Can I have this dance my Queen?” I said in a very manly and serious voice just like a prince how in the fairytales ask a princess for a dance but the only difference is we’re not on the ballroom but in a crowded Mall.

I fished my phone in my pocket and played a slow song. We dance in the middle of the crowd not caring that we’re making a scene. We just look eye to eye, with both lips smiling like we’re insane and be in our own little world.
As the song ends, People around us gave us a round of applause so we bowed to them and run away laughing to our sillyness.

“That was fun!” I can see the twinkle in her eyes as she laugh and pant at the same time.

“Ano uwi na tayo?” tanong k okay Allison.

“Ahm… Pwede ba tayo dumaan sa Baclaran?” tanong niya sa’kin.

“Bakit? Anong gagawin natin doon?”

“Kasi Babe… wala pa akong isusuot para sa Ball. Hanggang Baclaran lang kaya ng pera ko eh.” Nahihiya niyang sabi.

“Psshh! Babe sa shop ka na lang kaya ni Mommy pumili.”

“Ang mahal kaya dun!” she pouted and I SWEAR I WANT TO KISS HER!

“Akong bahala!” I assure her.

“TALAGA!? YES! Thank you Babe!!! You’re the best!”

***

Allison became my everything. As if my world spun around her.

I was happy... until she left me without saying goodbye...

She just left.

As if a bursted bubble..

And that Wreck me to the point that I hated everyone around me.

Including Ally...

One mistake, that if only I had a time machine, I will turn back time to that night..

The night I pushed her so hard to the point he gave up on me..

And left me..

I despise myself for doing that to her..

THAT NIGHT, HAUNTED ME FOR YEARS NOW..

I badly need to reconcile with her.

I always had that mental note..

And now that I found her, I' make sure to do the right thing.

Losing her made me crave to have her back..

I need to take her back..

Back to my life..

***

I got back to my senses when suddenly, Dad knocked on my door.

"Richard, I want to talk to you about a very important matter."

"..it's about you and Allyssa."

I was bout to ask why when his phone rang.

"I need to take this call.. We'll talk later. I'll be right back."

Inintay ko si Dad, pero nakatulog na ako't lahat - lahat, wala pa rin siya.

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Bitin? SORRY! Maya na lang ulit! ^_^