Chapter Five

*edited* 

    I started breathing really heavy and irregular. "Arielle... Help!" I said as I slowly sunk down to my knees and started breathing even harder.

    "Jayden! Jayden! JAYDEN!" Arielle screamed as she pushed my head in-between my knees. "Tell me one thing you taste."

    "Th-the m-mo-mon-monster I-I-I h-had."

    "Okay, good. Two things you feel."

    "Y-y-y-your h-hands a-and th-the s-soft ca-car-carpet."

    "Good, three things you hear."

    "Y-your b-breathing, th-the wa-water run-running, an-and the en-engines o-of th-the bikes an-and t-to-toys."

    "Awesome, now four things you smell."

    "Y-your per-perfume, th-the gas-gasoline, the s-soap and, m-my sham-shampoo."

    "Almost there, now five things you see."

    "The gr-gray car-carpet, br-brown cupboards, your hair, the cooler, and Bl-Black Ve-Veil, Br-Br-Brides!" I said trying to focus on my breathing. "N-no-nope. D-did-didn't w-w-wor-work." I managed to get out before I passed out.

*2 minutes later*

    I woke up with my head on someone's lap and whoever it was, was stroking my hair. I twitched my eyes, not believing what I saw through my half closed eyes.

    "I'm so sorry you guys had to see her like that." I heard Arielle say somewhere next to me on the couch.

    "What happened exactly?" I heard what sounded like Jinxx's voice.

    "She had an anxiety attack."

    "Why exactly?" I think Ashely Purdy asked.

    "I don't think I should be the one to tell you guys, she needs to do that her self." It went silent after that. The person never stopped stroking my hair though. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, so I rolled off of the couch and onto the floor as I pulled it out and answered the call.

    "Hello?"

    "Hey sweetheart! You said you'd call me once you got there." My mom said.

    "Hehe, yeah about that..." I said, kinda worried.

    "What happened? Do I need to come pick you up?"

    "No. I just kinda had an anxiety attack." I said, running a hand through my hair, still lying on my stomach.

    "Another one?" She sighed. "I thought those were cured after you met Arielle."

    "I did, too. But it just kinda happened and I ended up passing out. Arielle tried to help, it worked for a second, but then I just passed out."

    "I'm sorry, honey. Did you bring your pills?"

    "Yeah, they are in my bag." I sighed.

    "Okay, just take some and hopefully you'll feel better."

    "Alright. Can do."

    "I'm so sorry, honey, but I gotta go. Love you." And she hung up.

    I pulled the phone away from my ear and bitterly said, "love you, too." I got up. I walked over to my bag, ignoring the many sets of eyes on me as I grabbed my key to the rzr. "I'll be back." I announced before I walked outside.

    I got into the drivers seat and turned it on. I put the rzr into drive and took off into the dunes.

    Once I found my quiet little clearing, I got out and sat on the sand, watching the sun set. Now, many people would think that I would be scared to go back, but I'm not. I just don't want to face judgement.

    Eventually I heard engines of two rzrs. I looked up and saw Arielle running toward me. She dived at me and hugged me.

    "D-do they kn-know?" I whispered in a shaky voice as Black Veil Brides walked towards me.

    "No, they only know that you had an anxiety attack and walked away. It kinda hurt them, though." She whispered back as they sat down. Arielle then let go of me and sat by my side. 'They also want to know why you had the anxiety attack, that's why they convinced me to find you.' Arielle signed to me. Yes, we both know sign language, comes in handy sometimes.

    'Ugh, there is no way I'm telling them. It's to embarrassing.' I signed back.

    "You have to tell them sometime." Arielle said out loud.

    "Yeah, maybe, but not today." I said.

    "Umm... We are kinda sitting right here, you know..." Jake pointed out.

    "Yes, yes you are. And no, I'm not going to tell you why. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and find some food to eat." I said as I stood up and walked over to my rzr. "Anyone wanna come with?" I asked. Arielle looked at me, surprised.

    "Really?" She asked.

    "Yeah."

    "Umm... I'll go with!" Andy volunteered. I nodded and he got in the passenger seat, adjusting the four-point seat belt until it fit him.

    "Alrighty then. I'll see you guys back at camp."

    "Okay, just radio in if you need anything." I nodded and got in the drivers seat and waited until everyone was ready before I lead everyone back to camp.

~at le camp~

    "Want to go to Apple Bees?" Arielle said. I nodded and went to get my keys.

    "Ca-can we come?" I heard CC ask. I looked at them and nodded.

    "I can only take 3.. If anyone wants to ride with me." I said.

    "Wait! All of them can come." Arielle said.

    "Is it legal?" I asked, knowing what she was thinking.

    "Should be, I mean it's like the helmet law. 18 or older." She shrugged.

    "Well then, I guess, but only you and Jinxx." 

    "Why just Jinxx?" Jake asked.

    "Because I trust him not to do anything stupid."

    "But, I wanna do it, too!" He whined.

    "Fine." I said, trading out my keys.

    "Now, what exactly are we doing?" He asked as we left.

    "Riding in the bed of my truck."

    "I wanna do it, too!!" CC complained.

    "Too bad."

    "That's not fair."

    "Well, you can get over it." I said and walked to my truck.

    "Well then." He got into the back, arms crossed and his bottom lip jutted out.

    Arielle and Jinxx climbed into the back. "Scratch my baby and your both dead!" I said to the two in the back and got in the drivers seat. "Sorry, guys, but I need to open the back window." I said as I pushed one of the many buttons and the back window inbetween Ashley and CC opened up.

    "Wow!" CC said dreamily as he stared at it in awe.

    "Ignore him." Andy said.

    "Can do." And I started my truck. Suddenly Devils Choir blasted out of my speakers, making all of us grab our ears as I tried to turn it down or off.

    "Bit of a fan, I see and hear." I heard Jake say as soon as the music has been turned down.  I blushed and just started to drive, pushing in the clutch and shifting gears when needed.