Chapter 16

There were three firebeasts in the living room of the mansion. Two were boys and one of them was a girl. The girl was tall, blonde and had deep black eyes. I felt as is she stared at me, she could see my soul. One of the guys was brunette, not very tall and had green eyes. Kinda hot. The other one was extremely tall, black hair and eyes and was wearing a red leather jacket. The girl approached me and stretched her hand at me. "Nice to meet you. I am Evelyn and those idiots are Tom and George." She pointed to the brunette first and then the tall guy. "Hi, I'm Nina. Nice to meet you too." I waved my hand at them and they waved back.

"I understand that you are a firebeast." Evelyn said as she sat on the old couch. I nodded and sat down on a chair in front of her. "When did you discover that you were a firebeast?" She asked. "About a day or two ago. When I first came to the mansion." I responded taking a sip from my black tea. "Well, what we have to do is train you for the battle against The Mimic. To do that, you'll have to come with us to our training grounds." Evelyn stated. I was confused at first because nobody told me about training but then I got kind of excited because I'll get to meet more people like me. I smiled widely because of that thought. "And when am I going there? And for how long?" I asked enthusiastically. "Tomorrow morning. We'll take you to your house for you to pack some stuff. The training will take about two weeks but you'll only come during the weekends." Evelyn responded. I noticed that Evelyn was a very serious girl by the way she talked and how her facial expressions never really changed. Maybe something happened to her and made her that way. I have to figure it out.

I was walking home with Jeff which surprisingly I have grown fond of. I felt like he actually understood all the crazy stuff that happened inside my head. "Wanna hang out?" Jeff asked.
"Aren't we already?"
"Yeah, but I mean like going out to some other place than your house."
"Like a date?"
Jeff immediately blushed very hard. "Whatever you wanna call it." He said very fast. "Sure." I giggled and we headed off to the park.

It was already dark so nobody was there. I sat on the swings and Jeff sat next to me on the other one. "Watcha wanna talk 'bout?" Jeff asked swinging. "I have a question for you." I said, curiosity taking over me. "Bring it on." Jeff said. "Why didn't you kill me?" Jeff stopped swinging and thinked for a moment before he responded me. "Because you could've killed me!" Jeff exclaimed mockingly. We both giggled. "Seriously." I said between giggles. "You know what. I really don't know. Maybe because I got surprised by you attacking me..." Jeff said seriously. He stood up and looked at me "or maybe," he started as he got closer to me "because," he continued getting closer and closer. His face was inches apart from mine and I felt as if I was blushing very hard. His face got even closer and I felt his lips crash onto mine. I kissed him back, slowly. It felt like forever and I wanted it to stay like that. Jeff pulled away and finished saying "I like you.".

___________________________

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting in a while. I just had sooo much school work to do that it was overwhelming. Sorry for the short chapter too /.\
Anyway, I promise that I will post a little more frequently. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment, share and follow! (≧∇≦)Thank you so much for reading my book and have an awesome day! (Or night)
Have fun, firebeasts! :3