Chapter 1 - Octavian's P.O.V.

I'd been at work all day, all stinking day and I was tense and sweaty and stressed out, but I knew that would all disappear when I saw Rachel. Rachel was my life, my number one. I cared more about Rachel than anyone else in the whole wide world even, no, especially myself. Our future seemed bright and I was hoping to live my whole life with her. I smiled every time I thought of her and was smiling as I neared Camp Half-Blood. I never thought I'd ever feel semi at home at a camp for Greek demigods but, to be honest, I would feel at home anywhere Rachel was. Traffic in New York is the worst, so I was getting a bit frustrated. I just had to keep thinking that it would work out and I would see Rachel soon. Soon... I'd already been stuck in traffic for half an hour so I didn't know how soon 'soon' would be, but I was hopeful anyway. Hopeful.

Rachel gave me hope. What a beautiful thing hope is. What a beautiful woman Rachel is.

How beautiful my life has become because of her, because of Rachel Elizabeth Dare who I don't even deserve and yet, she's mine. I couldn't help smiling, as my car inched forward. I really do hate New York Traffic. And I only got my driver's license about a year ago, so I don't really like driving, either. But it was worth it to know I'd see her beautiful smile soon enough. And hear her gorgeous voice, calling me 'Ian' and 'baby' and basically bewitching me and making my knees go weak. And I know she'll laugh too. She always laughs when I'm around, I'm so lucky. Her laugh is like sunshine, Apollo should be jealous, so should Aphrodite, Rachel is amazing.

Rachel is fantastic.

I was ecstatic when the traffic finally cleared up. The light turned green and I was the car in front. But just as I pulled out into the intersection, a huge pick up truck rammed into me. I felt the air leave me as my used car flipped and the world went dark.