Chapter 6 - Rachel's P.O.V.

Fast forward to a week later.

I had managed to spend a week inside Octavian's room without being pestered about it. And, if there's something I hate deeply of a hospital are the doctors and nurses that believe that the relatives and love ones of the people who are being treated in there are anything but a bother for them. We don't care about them! We care about the patient!

Anyway, somewhen along the week, Chiron had come to visit me and to check on Octavian, of course. He understood that I wasn't gonna go back to Camp until he was OK. He didn't even suggested, which I was grateful for. He did, however, advised me (and, everytime Chiron opens his mouth to advise someone, means 'do it') that I should take care of myself, because 'I wouldn't want to upset Octavian when the first thing he sees is me in a hospital bed, next to him'.

I hate when the old centaur makes sense.

"And, if you look in this room-" To say I was startled was put it lightly. The door had flown open and a doctor with his group of residents had walked in, not even caring about me or the patient "-we have a comatose patient-"

"Which were the conditions for him to go into that state?" a girl in the group raised her hand and asked. I was already fuming.

"Who the Hades you think you are?!" I snapped at them. It was as if they never saw me standing there, with my mouth slightly open for their intrusion "Who gave you permission to even think about entering this room?!"

"Miss, I'm-"

"I give a damn who you are!! You barging in here, as if you didn't notice me, only speaks about your manners and morals!!" I was on a roll and they were gonna hear me "My boyfriend isn't a dummy you practice with!! He's a person, who's fighting for his life!!" All the residents stared at me, as if they've never seen an angry person before.

"This will be one of the many reactions you might encounter while you're dealing with the patient's family-" the doctor went on, as if what I said was meaningless. I grabbed his white coat and dragged him outside the room.

"Out. Everyone out!!" I shouted at them "This is a private room and if I ever see your faces again, you'll be begging for me to kill you" I threaten them. Everyone left the room, looking slightly panicked. I hope they learn their lesson:

Never. Mess. With. Me

~oOo~

It was after lunch when I got a visitor.

"Ms. Dare?" someone called for me. I was busy combing Octavian's hair. It was one of the many ticks I had developed in the past days. It soothed me and helps me remember that he was there, living with me.

"Who is it?" I asked, not tearing my eyes off my boyfriend. It has been a week that I haven't heard his voice or even saw his beautiful blue eyes. I was starting to think that I'll never remember them.

"Dr. Sutton, Ms. Dare" he introduced himself. I nodded to myself, because after the scandal I made, Mrs. Freckick told me that no one wanted to check on Octavian. Only her and a man who she called Dr. Sutton. She admitted to me that she never saw him before, but that all the doctors and patients speak wonders about the man, so I let him pass.

The first thing I thought was that I was being pranked by Apollo.

This man had tan skin, with light blue eyes and blonde hair, which was a little longer for my taste. Of course, he was wearing a white coat over his clothes and a tablet in his hand, which probably had the medical history of the patient. The way he smiled at me, made me uncomfortable. Also, you couldn't pinpoint the guy's age. Probably he was like 45, but he didn't look a day older than 25.

"You sure you're Dr. Sutton?" I checked. If this was Apollo pranking me, I wasn't that forgivable.

"Last time I checked my nametag" he joked, as if what I said was extremely funny "Let's check the patient, shall we?" He walked to Octavian, checked his vitals, read the nurses' information, before turning to me "You know, he's a relative of mine" Uh? I thought he wasn't Apollo! "A long lost relative, we weren't that close" I kept my mouth shut and sat on Octavian's bed, never tearing my eyes off him "We share the same grandfather"

"You- you do?" I played dumb, trying to see his point. Actually, I wanted to see if he was greek or roman.

"You don't have to fear me..." he said in a soothing voice. I frowned when he sat next to me "I can help him recover faster..."

"I'm not sure" I snorted at him. I was liking him less and less "But, let's speak 'hypothetically', what would I have to do?" I pretended to bit his bait, to get more information.

"Oh, don't have to do much... Just a little favor..." I should had paid more attention to his actions, because the next thing I know, his hand was on my knee. I pushed him off me and got up.

"Roman or Greek?" I questioned him. Glaring.

"I beg your pardon?" he got up as well, looking confused "Did you said 'greek'?"

"Apparently, you've been missing a few updates of your world, Dr. Sutton... And, I don't believe that your father will be very pleased to know you touched his Oracle" I seethed at him, pushing him outside the room "Oh, and by the way, Legacies can't be cure with the same stuff as you" I slammed the door at his face, pissed.

When this is over, I'm having a serious conversation with Apollo.