Chapter 15 - Rachel's P.O.V.

When we left the psychiatrist, I was super mad.

I had failed to see what wanted that woman to prove us by getting me angry. We were suppose to be there to deal with Octavian's accident and panic attacks. I don't understand how attacking me about how broken my relationship was with my parents was going to help us.

Octavian noticed my bad mood on the way back to his house. Since I had been living in the hospital for the past three weeks, I wasn't anywhere near closer to leave him alone. So, I was gonna sleep in the guest room for now.

Anyway, he sensed my bad mood and he kept quiet all the way. I wasn't mad at him. Hell, he's probably the last person who makes me mad! But, I did appreciate his stepping back in the situation. I didn't want to explode in his face and argue about anything. The gods know we already had our quote of fights for this lifetime.

As soon as we arrived to his house (me driving, of course, because A, the doctor forbid Octavian to be driving for at least a month, and B, I wasn't gonna have him behind a wheel anytime soon), we got out, Umbreon following us. His house is actually an appartment, but somehow, you forget about it, because of how cozy and home it is.

"I, um... I'm gonna make a call" I announced to him, when he sat on the couch. Umbreon was looking around, exploring and sniffing. Octavian nodded, knowing who I was about to call, and I headed to his room, where I could talk without having my boyfriend hear what my rude parents have to say. My main thought was 'Don't pick up'

"Dare Enterprises" So much for preying...

"Yes, I'd like to know if Mr. and Mrs. Dare are working today?" I asked, trying to get information. I wasn't gonna deal with each of them separately.

"I'm sorry to inform you, Miss, but Mr. and Mrs. Dare are not in the building as we speak"

"Oh" That only means that they're either at the house or on vacation, which I'd consider a total hypocrisy of their part "Do you know when I could find them?"

"I'd say in a few hours..." I nodded, though I knew she could see me.

"Thanks so much for your time" I hung up before she had the time to greet me back. Quickly, I dialled the number of my house.

"Dare residence" the maid, Magda, answered after the second ring.

"Madga, is Rachel" I greeted her, a little smile forming on my lips. Madga was always there for me when I was a kid. She even gave me the 'talk' about boys and that kind of stuff when I was a kid and I was growing up.

"Rachel, child! So good to hear your-" Suddenly, Madga's voice was cut from the phone. I wanted to worry, but that only meant one thing: my parents were at hearing rage.

"Rachel" Does he get colder every time we speak?

"Father" I replied back, not knowing what else to say.

"You can cut the insolent act! What happened to the money of your trust fund?!" Father demanded, obviously angry.

"I used it. It was meant to be used" I replied, trying that his words don't affect me.

"You little brat!" I winced, pulling away the phone of my ear. It was obvious that my Mother wasn't at ear range or he'd not had reacted this way "That money was meat to be used for to seek out a husband, not to pay medical bills!" I froze at my Father's words. He seriously expected me to start behaving as a porcelain doll? "And, how did you get authorization from the bank?! You only should had access to that money when you were 21!!"

"I- I called the bank and the manager told me I could withdraw money because I was 18..." I explained, my voice quivering a little.

"Well, guess what? Until you don't pay every last penny you spent, you don't get to use it anymore. Until you don't pay back, I refuse to acknowledge you as my daughter" Two gasps were heard. One from me and one from the other side of the line. I'm guessing Father forgot about Madga's presence "So, don't bother calling again" he hung up, leaving me startled. I stared at myself in Octavian's mirror and things I haven't heard in years came back.

Useless.

Ugly.

Brat.

Dumb.

I walked outside the room, in that catatonic state, barely recognizing my surroundings. I saw Octavian sitting by the computer, typing away. The phone was by his side. And Umbreon was trying to get his attention, with a toy in his mouth. My eyes quickly turned to the couch, where two spoon and ice cream and tissues. He was ready for any ending... I muffled a sob with my hand and fell to my knees.

Umbreon noticed me first. I'm sure because of his dog hearing. He knew that I wasn't in the mood to play, so he began to whine, calling Octavian's attention.

"What, Umbreon?" he turned to him, but saw him glance at me. I think he saw how broken I was because he was with me, two seconds later, hugging me against his chest and cradling me, Umbreon seeking comfort between our tangled legs.

"H-he s-said I-I wa-sn't h-his dau-ghter a-any m-more..." I stuttered in his chest, the tears finally flowing out. He simply rubbed and stroked my hair, mumbling soothing words in my ear. I had the feeling that he wanted to do more, but he didn't know what. I just want content that he was there "S-sorry... S-sorry I-I'm dum-ping m-my pr-problem-ms w-with y-you..."

"You have nothing to be sorry for..." he cooed me, kissing my forehead "We can talk later if you prefer it..."

"T-thank y-you.." I nodded, closing my eyes and allowed sleep to took over me.

I'd deal with everything later.