Chapter 28 - Octavian's P.O.V.

I woke up to roses and smiled. She didn't forget. She wasn't ignoring me. She did want to support me. I read the note and smiled, hugging them to me.

"Caesar, wake up" I called over to him, noticing the smaller bouquet on his bed. Caesar woke with a jolt, when he saw the flowers, he grinned.

"From you?"

"From Rachel. She couldn't not show her support on our big day. You go do great at your audition" I put the flowers in a vase before showering and going to breakfast. Even though I wasn't supposed to talk to Rachel, I could listen to her talk to Caesar as we ate breakfast together.

"Thanks for the roses, sis" he said with a smile.

"You're welcome. I'm so proud of you, I know you'll do great" she told him. I knew that she wasn't just speaking to Caesar, but to me too, and I smiled into my breakfast. I think tonight maybe I'll break the silent treatment. I think I'm better enough to talk to her. I'm not really afraid anymore.

I hug Caesar before leaving for work. I'm excited and optimistic about the new job. I'm not going to miss Starbucks.

My employers are as friendly as they can be, I mean they're also nervous wrecks, I'm their sixth assistant and they really don't want to have chosen wrong this time. They'll basically do whatever it takes to not push me of the deep end. I do my best on the first day, taking orders and hovering around for my next command. I'm not yet bold enough to act without instruction, but no one should be on the first day. In my spare time, I rode the elevator up and down (don't judge me) and thought about what I would say to Rachel later that evening.

When I came home, Umbreon immediately claimed my attention and I couldn't get a word in with Rachel. After supper, Caesar wanted to tell me about his day and he needed help with math homework, so I still couldn't get to Rachel. By the time I got a spare moment to talk to Rachel, she was already in bed. I didn't care. I sat on the floor by her bed, took a deep breath, and began to speak. I knew she was asleep but I had to break this cursed silence between us, even if she wasn't awake to hear it.

"Rachel... I've missed talking to you. I know you're asleep but I've been thinking about you all day. Saturday morning was hard because I thought you hated me but now I understand why you did it and its okay. I'm not mad at you. I really love you. I've gotten better, okay? I don't know if I'm perfect yet, but I'm not afraid of myself anymore. I know that I'm your fiancé and Caesar's brother and I know that I'm Octavian and there is no old me and new me, just me and I'm okay with that. Thank you for what you did. It hurt first, but I've gotten better and I'm still getting better. I really just want to talk to you. Do you think the silent treatment could be over?" I sighed realizing she wouldn't answer. I couldn't bring myself to go back to my room. I fell asleep on the floor of her room, waking up with her arms around me.

"Rachel" I said, smiling.