Chapter 3

Previously on Missing love...... Family of chief boden? ....... 

In the waiting room, Severide POV 

Sitting there waiting for the news on Boden, holding Brett's hand squeezing it hard because I'm so nervous. Boden has always been there for us. He was like a farther and the grandfather of  Herman's kids.  What ever happens to him is going to change Firehouse 51. " Family of Chief Boden?" We all stand up, Gabby couldn't leave her room so Matt stayed with her so she wouldn't be alone. I walk up to the doctor, "So what is it? How is her?" I asked worried. The doctor looked down at his clip board, "Well, Boden has gone through a lot already and he is not out of the woods yet. Boden is paralyzed in his right arm, from elbow down. A certain nerve was damaged, thats what we think why he is paralyzed. Being paralyzed limits him because he is right handed, he is going to need to learn how to use his left arm for everything." said the doctor. I was shocked, I didn't know really what to say. "Can he still be chief? At least to make the decisions and tell us when to get out of a burning building?" I asked hoping we can get him a assistant for writing everything. " He can get a assistant, in 6-8 weeks when he is fully recovered." he said. "Can we go see him?" I ask. "Two at a time he has a severe concussion, keep the volume down and he might have temporarily memory lost." the doctor said. "We send his wife and kid to his room and me and Brett go to see Matt and Gabby. 

When we get to Gabby's room we walk in but both Matt and gabby were asleep in each others arm. It was so cute I took a picture then headed over to Boden's room. As we headed out I heard Matt say something, I turned around and he asked how Boden was. "Well, he can't be Chief unless he gets an assistant, he is paralyzed from his elbow down on his right arm." I say walking over to the bed still holding Bret's hand. "Oh my gosh" he says shaking Gabby to wake her up. "Whatttt" she says very sleepily. "Boden is paralyzed, do you want to go visit him?" I explain to her as she wakes up. "No let him be with his wife maybe tomorrow or when I get discharged." she says falling back to sleep. "She is really tired" I say laughing, Boden's injury brought the house back together. 

Back in Dawson's hospital room Gabby's POV  

"So when do you get discharged?" Matt asked me putting his arm around me. "I don't know, it should be soon, just I won't be able to work probably because of the concussion." I said leaning on his shoulder. "Well whining ever you do I'll be here to bring you, that also brings up something, Will you move back in with me I want you to be with me so I can help you?" he asked. I really didn't know, of course we picked out the apartment together, also I wouldn't have awkward situations with Brett and Severide. "Of course, but in the hospital I really can't move my stuff to your house." I said. "Well I can ask Severide and Brett to do it I bet they would do it for you." He says grabbing his phone. He texted Severide asking and he said yes he was actually over there right now. I noticed Matt fell asleep so I decided to go back to sleep. 

1am

A nurse walked into my room and checked my vitals and woke me up in the process. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up I'm sorry." She said with apology. "Oh its fine, what day do you think I will be discharged?" I asked. "Well if you stay stable maybe tomorrow night." She said. "Wow, thanks well I'm going to get some rest thank you again." I said going back to sleep. 

Afternoon of next day Gabby's POV 

I'm so glad I get out of the hospital today, I really do hate hospitals, which is pretty funny because I'm a paramedic. I haven't told Matt because he woke up before me, when I woke up he wasn't there but he left a note. 

Matt's note:  

Gabby, 

I went home when I woke up to make sure everything is ready for you when you come home later today. Oh yea I heard the doctor in the middle night. I'll bring you food around 1pm. 

Love you, 

Matt 

Seems like he knew I would worry about him if he wasn't here. I'm so glad we are back together. I grief everyday, why did I break us up. It's all my fault. It was around 12:30, Matt would be here soon with food, which is good because I'm starving.  

Matt walks in with in n out, it sounds so good. He got me a double double plain and a chocolate shake, my favorite! He still remembers, he is so sweet. I t my food, it was delicious. The doctor came in 10 mites later. She gave me my discharge papers and said stay healthy and bye. I finally get to leave and go to Matt's place. I'm so happy. 

We left the hospital, I got a call from Antonio. "Hey what's up Tonio?" I say happily. "I wanted to tell you that everyone involved in the case with you and Matt are going to be in prison for life, thanks to Voight. None of them are aloud to see each other, they are also going to a prison in the middle of Maui where there is no civilization. They won't even know where they are." he says. "That's a relief, thanks I got to go bye Tonio." I say. "Bye Gabby!" he yells. 

We are finally at Matt's house. We are taking 2 shifts off, after all what happened. Also I have a concussion. He unlocks the door and opens it like a gentlemen. "Thank you" I say grabbing his hand. "How are you feeling?" he asked with concern while we walked over to the couch. "I am perfectly fine, let's just relax." I say sitting on the couch leaning on Matt. "I agree" he says. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is their relation going to hold? Will it get stronger? Or will it crash? all coming up in Chapter 4 of missing love! 

Vote 

Comment 

Follow 

Thank you, What do you think? Comment "24" if you read my whole note :)