Chapter 4: Secrets

Dash wakes up.
My birthday already. Sweet I'm 13 now.
Dash gets out of bed.
Have I gotten taller?...
Nope.
Its 5 in the morning, Dash never got up early but on his birthday it was different. Dash sped down the stairs.
"Morning ma." Dash says. His mom was reading a book.
"Morning son, happy 13th birthday" she told him
"You're up early." She says smiling. He smile back.
"When you come home I have two surprises for you." She says. Dash jumps for joy. His mom smiles.
As Dash leaves he thinks nothing bad can possibly happen. He hops on his bike and rides over to Vanessa and then to Angel so they can travel to school. They wished him a happy birthday. He was excited. He had a jersey that had "smile for me It's my birthday". The gang of bullies were outside. Dash walked by them. They showed respect only because their leader's sister (Angel) was with him.
He made it up to class and first subject History, his favourite. The day continued slowly. Dash counted down the time for their last period subject Science.
10 minutes left. Dash looked at my watch. Sir blabbed on about animal adaptation.
"Seems like someone can't wait." The guy sitting next to me, Robert said.
Dash nodded in agreement.
*The bell rings*
Dash left right away.
After the sir was gone, that is.
Dash waited on his friends impatiently. They finally came out and they went on their journey to their separate homes. The day was going perfect.
When Dash was at hime, he parked his bike and rushed inside.
"Hey mom." Dash says smiling.
"Hello son." She says."How was school?"
"Great!" He replied trying to stop his sweating.
"Uhh, i dont know which to do first." She says.
"Then do both." He said. She laughed and took out a small box, with gift wrapper on it and gave it to him.
"Come on, open it!" She says.
Is it a puppy, or some small antique something.
He took it and felt vibrations which almost made him drop it. He opened it. A puppy.
It looked a bit alien like but he was OK with it. It was furry, brown and the fur covered his eyes and he had a wet nose.
"Thanks!" He says quite satisfied.
His mother was trying to find words to tell him what she wanted to say next.
"Look, what I'm about to say is true, I'm not lying or joking." she says seriously. Dash knew she was serious. " You don't know this because I kept it from you until you were a safe age. You are," she paused, he listened intently " half alien." She said.
Half alien what the heck?
"I am?"
"You are, and I'm half too."
"OK and what does that mean?" He says trying to process all the words.
"It means you have special qualities, example, if you believe that you can fly you can fly, we have special powers like those."
He started to believe and and closed his eyes then reopened them.
"Nothing happened." He says.
"Look at the ground." She says.
""Whoa! Have I gotten taller?" He joked.
"So if I bekieve that I can run through walls, can I?"
She nodded no.
"It happens only to some stuff." She says.
"Cool. Awesome." Dash says