Chapter 12: Mystery

Today was a bit harsh for Dash. He was really sick- an insane headache, scratchy throat and his eyes were swollen.
On the plus side Dash got a book about people from his planet, with their strengths and weaknesses.
Reading it now would add to his insane headache.
Why did I have to be sick today?
His mom was getting worried about his well being, but didn't show it.
"Dash how are you feeling now?" She asked.
"Cold,sick and numb." He said.
His throat was hoarse and it sounded like he had throat cancer.

Dash didn't eat anything and went to bed early.
When he awoke he felt no more pain.

Rest was all I need.
He felt energetic and was his normal self now. He sat on his bed and soon later his mom appeared. He never knew how she always came exactly 3 minutes after he wakes up.
"Good morning Dash. You look better." She said.
"Good morning and yeah mom I feel a lot better."
"Are you coming out of bed or what?" She asks
"Or what." He says trying to make her smile at least.
He eventually gets out of bed and eats his breakfast.
"So are you going to read that book."
"Yes."
He now remembered that book. After eating and cleaning up he sat on his bed and read.
Mist other books he read were boring, but this gave him a lot of information about his people.
Wow we can live to see up to 145 years the most and the strongest thing we can lift can weigh up to 2 tons. Heck, I can survive up to 45 minutes in the vacuum of space.
All of a sudden an unusual thing happened. There was a bolt of thunder and a small meteor collided and a blinding light appeared and then there was an explosion. The light cleared soon after.
His mother wasn't at home so Dash was worried about her safety.
It had been a while since he put on his Kid hero suit, and he really wanted a break from it.
But since his mom was out there, he forced himself to do it.
Minutes later the kid hero flew out. He flew down into the city.
"Look dad, there's kid hero!" A young boy said.
He felt proud and almost hit the post in front of him.
Soon later he found a crowd had gathered and they kept distance away from a strange creature.
It looked inhuman and ugly.
What in the world is that?

OK I know I haven't updated in a really long time, but I'm back on it and I hope you enjoy this chapter.