Start of Game (edit done)

While on his way to his apartment, Dave received a call from an unknown number.
He asks the caller and they talk about something important yet private matters.
After their conversation, he said thank you and released a big silly smile on his face.

When he realized that Kate is missing, he makes a phone call to her friend Chloe. They talk a bit and after that, he cut their conversation to meet her.

"I must find you! You know the rule and we will stick together to achieve our one goal...to make Kate's stay no matter what will happen!" Dave mumbled as he drives straight to Chloe's house.

Five minutes earlier

"Is everything okay?" Dave said on his phone.

He made sure that his girlfriend Kate was okay. He left her so early to buy food for them and he called her to check.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just feel like someone is watching me!" She said on the phone.

Dave let out a sigh of disbelief.

"Don't worry! I'll be right back, okay?" He said and Kate felt relieved to hear it.

Dave finished buying stocks for his fridge inside the supermarket and place them all inside his car. He quickly went home and he called Kate after he stepped in but nobody is answering.

" Babe, I'm here!" He called her again.

His whole apartment is so silent and it's strange.

Babe, don't play pranks on me okay!" He started to feel uneasy. He rushes inside his bedroom but Kate wasn't there.

"Hey, don't scare me, okay!" His voice is trembling.

He took his phone and call Chloe.

"Hey, did Kate visit you?" He said.

It's noisy in Chloe's background, I guess she's outside again.

"I thought, she's with you! Don't call me okay, I'm on a trip! Maybe she got an early flight! Bye!" She talked back and Dave was surprised how her best friend talks to him. He guesses she's having a bad day.

He tried to call her mom but she told him that Kate said to sleep at Chloe's house and I didn't investigate further since she slept and stayed with him.

"Thanks, auntie, bye!" Is the only word that comes into his mouth.

-----

Kate Pov

I heard someone knocking at the door. I felt happy at last Dave came.

"Wait, babe" she walked towards it and welcome her boyfriend.

"I'm glad you----wait, hey----who--", an unfamiliar guy came and forcibly clutch Kate's neck from behind and lean over a sharp knife on her neck.

" Don't dare to scream or else I'll kill you!" his voice put shivered on my body.

I didn't care if I died today at least I  fought back.

I screamed. My eyes stretched wide when the edge of the knife hit my neck.

"Arghhhhh!!" I cry out.

I opened my eyes and quickly covered my body with white sheets. I looked around and I'm still at my boyfriend's apartment and alive.
It feels like my dream was real. I stretch my body and got up from the bed. I search Dave in the entire unit but he's gone.

I wrapped my arms in my body when I felt someone is watching me. I almost got a heart attack when I heard my phone ring.

I rolled my eyes to know its Dave.

"Hey, where are you? You left me here!" I said trying to make him guilty.

"I'm sorry babe, I bought food for breakfast. Are you okay?" He asked me.

I said yes. After our discussion, he bid goodbye. I just wait for him for ten minutes.

-----

"Hey, wake up! Are you dreaming!" I felt a cold splashed of water on my face.

I'm still under shock. I don't know what just happened but this is real. Someone kidnapped me and pulled me out from Dave's place!

I felt pain when he cupped my face and pressed it.

"Too bad you can't go anywhere" his voice was very cold and terrible.

"Let me go! Why you did this to me!" I struggled from his grip but the more I resist, the more he tightens his grip.

He chuckled and throw my face.

"Soon, you will find out!" He said and shut the door behind me.

"Hey, come back here! I kill you, you psycho!" I scream as my throat burns.

I've been yelling inside this dark room for hours but it's no use.
No one will come to save me even Dave. My life would end here. My dreams and my career ends in this place. I'm about to lose hope. My body depletes because of hunger and struggling with this rope on my hands and feet.

My heart rose when I heard footsteps coming in again. This time it's light like of a girl. She walks so classily with five inches heels. I could tell it easily with its sounds.

The door creaked open and she's wearing the same dress from a man who visited me before. I feel confused. We're they are the same person? But it can't be. Their footsteps sounded different.

"You better be good or else you'll die! Be good for ten days!" he was using a voice changer so I can't tell if she's a girl or a boy.

He didn't come any closer. He walked out so quickly.

One day earlier

It's too early to meet someone but Chloe gets up from her bed and takes a quick shower and goes to their meeting place.
The time on her watch is eight o'clock.  She has to be there after thirty minutes.

When she reached the place she parks her car in a space of an abandoned house. She opens the door and saw a man standing at the corner. Chloe comes closer and kisses him then he kissed her back.

" Everything is set according to plan, you contact James where did he bring her!" He told Chloe.

" I know but you promised me. We'll spend the night together right? she told him while kissing Dave on his neck.

Dave pushed her from him.

" stop that okay!" He said.

"We will but remember you will help me with Kate first. What about her mom? Today is her flight and she's with me the whole night if she hasn't contacted her maybe they will suspect me!" He explains his plan to Chloe.

Chloe pouted her lips and lean at his shoulders.

" Relax! I went to their house yesterday and left a note in her bed. You want to know what is it?" She sounded excited and confident.

Dave narrowed his eyes at Chloe. He pulled her closer to him and whispered in her ears.

" Yes, tell me!" He mumbled.

A smirk came on her face. She faces him and revealed it.

"It's a suicide note!" And Chloe kissed him again and they leave the place together.