Chapter 3: Our First Monster

The mansion was huge! It was like my apartment building in elegant form. Basically it was awesome to the 50th power!!

"Hey how did you guys get this awesome mansion?" I asked still skipping after Kitty and Lila as they walked really fast down a hallway. They looked back at me and stopped walking. I tripped over their feet cause I couldn't stop skipping.

"Well our leader found it by the way her name is Athena named after the wisdom goddess so we made her our leader! And this Guild is all girls and one boy and he's a guardian cat named Jerry." Kitty said and giggled.

"Oh there she is now! Kitty did you contact her about our new recruits? Already?" Lila asked Kitty as they started walking again.

Then I saw her a girl with amazingly long brown hair that was tied in a braid with feathers and beads intertwined with the hair. She had a tribal shirt with armor mesh sleeves and a shirt made out of animal skin and fur. She had long combat boots on with a feather sticking out of each boot. She looked pretty intimidating for an SAO player. I looked at Mari and she was looking at Athena with a jealous stare. Most likely Mari wanted to be the leader.

Hey guys and strangers that I haven't met yet!" Athena said as she turned around and looked at us. She smiled and waved at the doors at the end of the hallway. The doors opened and I saw a beautiful garden that looked amazing but creepy. I felt a strange aura coming from it. I looked closely and then a monster walked out of the doors.

"Now time to prove your worth... If you die we will live with the guilt now if you defeat the monster you are a part of the guild. "Athena said and smiled. She looked at our faces in shock and laughed and said "You didn't think that it was just a free pass did you?".

"Maybe I mean but now I am having second thoughts..." I said and quickly grabbed my blue bow and arrow. I slowly walked towards the monster. The monsters a skeletal monster like the ones Kirito and Asuna fought in the Dungeon of The Gleamed Eyes. The monster raised its sword and shield and charged. I released an arrow and murmured a magic spell. The arrow burst with blue flame and flew accurately into the monsters head. The monster stopped charging and dropped its weapons and fell to the floor. I smiled and looked at Athena.

Lila, Athena, and Kitty gawked at me and looked at my bow and arrow and the skeleton. Kitty started clapping and smiling. Lila nodded and gave me an impressed look. Athena bowed and said "Welcome to the Guild!" She stood back up straight and smiled at me.

"My Turn? I don't think I'm ready..." Mari said and looked sadly at the floor. I looked away and started walking towards the garden. There was no way I was gonna deal with Mari and her pathetic self.

Then another monster walked out and walked past me and headed for Mari. Mari screamed and ran behind a statue. The monster laughed and chopped off the statues head. Mari looked at the statue and touched her neck. I secretly wished the statue was her instead. She ducked and rolled across the floor and ran towards me. Athena saw and stopped her with a compulsion spell and turned her towards the monster. She screamed and fell to the floor. The monster and raised his sword and the moment where her head was gonna be like the statues... Athena waved her hand and the monster vanished.

"You are NOT worthy!" Lila said and frowned at Mari. Mari sobbed and tears dripped on the floor and she shook her head in embarrassment. I turned around and stopped at the door of the garden and looked at Mari one last time. Mari looked at me and I saw the tears running down her cheeks.

I felt bad but she can join another guild and we will meet again at the portal to Alfheim. I looked at her and said "Mari I'm sorry but we are going in different directions I will meet you at the portal to Alfheim." She looked at me in shock and looked at the floor in anger. Athena nodded and snapped her fingers. Suddenly guards came and grabbed Mari by the arms and started dragging her to the exit. Mari screamed and elbowed them in the stomachs and fell to the floor. She crawled towards me and got up and tackled me.

I screamed and shoved her off me. She grabbed my short hair and tried to punch me in the face. I kicked her in the stomach and tackled her to the floor. She glared at me in anger and screamed a war cry. I punched her in the face and she went out cold.

"Hmmmmm... I guess we can put her in the Dungeon until further notice for attacking a member of this Guild. She will get a second chance but after that she will go out those doors and never come back!" Lila said and stormed off. Athena walked to the side of her and whispered in her ear. I sighed and looked at Mari. She was such a crazy lunatic when it comes to something she wants. That's probably why we stopped being friends. I fixed my hair and followed the guild to the garden.