Chapter 17 - Done.

I found myself smiling, even though I knew that was wrong in so many ways; but I couldn't help myself. I shouldn't have asked him about his parents first but it came out anyway so I went along with it.

„What the hell is so funny?" he snapped at me.

„Answer me." I held my ground, surprising him and myself as well.

„I don't wanna talk about this, let's go to sleep, it's late and it's been a long day." he spoke softly and rose from the ground.

I was beyond angry. With everything happening lately, I just wanted him to answer my questions but I guess I'm knocking at the wrong door; I would have gotten much more answers from Liam.

„When I asked Liam about his bruises he told me to talk to you. Why did he say that?" I tried again, looking straight into his eyes, watching them slowly turn dark with fury.

I was still on the ground with the grass softly tickling my toes and the night air flooding my nostrils and mixing with flower perfume.

„Rose, why are you asking me all this?" he pleaded and sat himself across from me, grabbing my hands, giving them a soft squeeze.

He guided them towards his mouth and I swear he was about to kiss them but decided against it for some reason. I want to slap myself because, I don't know why, I wish he had done it.

„Because you have no idea how desperately I need answers, I feel like I'm in a whole different world, I can't figure out any of the things happening around me." I sighed and he tightened his grip on my hands.

„We got into a fight." he states, his lips in a thin line.

„When? Why?" I ask, unable to stop my curiosity.

„Why does it matter?" he cried.

I needed to know why the fought. I thought it was him from the beginning but I just couldn't quite explain it to myself; why would he start a fight with Liam and when? I didn't answer but he finally spoke.

„When you left my place that morning. I was so pissed at him and you didn't deserve any of his crap so I went to set things straight."

„Set things straight? It was my problem and you almost kicked me out of your house; suddenly you care?" I snapped, surprising both me and Harry with the anger.

Nothing seemed to connect here, I don't understand how and why Harry would care for me. And, even if he did, why would he act upon it like that? There was no need for a fight, unless maybe he had something more personal with Liam, although that doesn't seem plausible. I swear I will explode any time now, I can't understand anything and I feel like crying all the time.

„I was doing you a favor!" he shouted and I couldn't keep it in anymore.

I wasn't able to speak but the tears were rolling down on my cheeks and I didn't do anything about it. My vision was blurry but I could still see Harry's expression go from anger to softness in a split of a second when he reached for me; but that only made me cry harder.

„Hey, come on..." he tried to comfort me but with no success.

„I need sleep." was all I managed to say.

„Sure, let's get you to bed." he smiled softly at me but all I wanted to do was hit him as hard as I could.

Maybe if it wasn't for him I would just be living with a heart break and move on soon enough; I wouldn't have had all of these things on my mind, all these questions and mysteries and headache. I wanted to know so many things, I needed so many answers but I don't think it will happen anytime soon, I should probably just drop it.