Chapter 8 - Meadow

We walked side by side for a while, a long while, our hands intertwined the whole time. It felt nice, it felt really nice. The evening was close and the woods weren't freaky at all, they were rather enjoyable and relaxing; the birds were singing and the smell was refreshing. We even spotted a bunny!

"We're almost there." he hummed happily.

"Well we should be, we've been walking for more than 30 minutes."

"Calm down, we were just slow with walking, that's why it took us more." he giggled.

I checked my phone and it showed 7:10 and I was surprise how easily time flew by.

"Now, close your eyes please." he placed himself in front of me.

"Good, now hold my hand and follow me." he requested and I followed.

We walked like that for a few more minutes until he suddenly stopped and I hit into him. "Open your eyes." he sneaked an arm around my waist as I slowly opened my eyes.

The view was breathtaking and my mouth just hung open. We were in a meadow with a little stream flowing by. On my right there were a few folded blankets and a picnic basket, along with a few flashlights.

"Wow." was all I could say.

"So, I think you like it?" he giggled and hugged me from behind.

"Yes!" I squeaked and I turned to face him. "It's amazing, thank you for bringing me here!" I giggled and his smiled widened.

"For nothing." he leaned it closer to me. Just as I was about to think of what could happen next, his lips fell onto mine and I was lost for a second.

He was warm and sweet and our mouths moved in sync as his tongue grazed my bottom lip. I was dizzy after he finally let go. When I opened my eyes again, his face held a huge smile and his eyes held something dark and mysterious.

"Shall we?" he pointed towards the blankets. It was starting to grow darker and darker and the temperature wasn't growing at all; in fact, I think here it was 5 degrees below where we live anyway.

"So, Liam, you want to go back to the car later, through the forest?" I asked trying to sound calm but I sounded desperate.

"Well, if you don't want to, there's a cabin 5 minutes from here where we can spend the night." he smiled and started unfolding a big blanket and placing it on the ground.

"Oh, that's better, I'd freak out because there would be just the two of us with nothing to defend ourselves and-"

"Yeah, we'll go to the cabin then." he laughed.

I grabbed a blanket and made somewhat a burrito out of myself and sat next to Liam who also wore a blanket over his shoulders. "Why the picnic basket though? We ate already." I asked curiously.

"I have snacks here, in case you get bored." he giggled. "Good thing it doesn't get TOO cold here, chilly is just perfect." he smiled and scooted closer to me.

"It's amazing, Liam, it's like... The best date I've ever been to. Thank you." I smiled and my cheeks flushed as he sneaked and arm around my shoulders and pulled me onto his chest.

"Stop thanking me." he laughed and it was a lovely sound.

"I'm really enjoying this myself so I thank you for accepting to go out with me." he softly kissed my cheek and I let my head fall onto his lap and stared into his eyes.

The moon was now close to dominating the skies and a couple of stars were popping in and the little stream was murmuring in the background; it was all perfect and each time Liam touched me I got butterflies.