Chapter 3 - Brother Warning

An hour later I closed my laptop and grabbed a book to fill my time with, when Jess bursted through the door and froze when she saw Harry sprawled across her bed, playing on his phone.

"What are you doing here?!" she exclaimed, slowly closing the door behind her.

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" he got up.

"Because I don't want anything to do with you anymore, get that in your head! Why did you let him in?" she turned to me. Uh-oh.

"I tried but he made his way past me." I defended.

"Did you touch her?" she whispered getting closer to him. "Don't you dare touch any of my friends, got it?!" she yelled at him.

"I didn't and wouldn't even want to touch her, ok? I mean, look at her, who would anyway?" he made a disgusted face and turned to me.

"Out. Now." Jess swallowed her anger. She was fuming by now.

"I'll talk to you soon. Next time, answer your phone." he threatened her and slammed the door after him.

"Sorry for him, goodnight, Rose." she mumbled and got into her pajamas.

"Goodnight, Jess."

Oh, I need to find out what's up with them. Soon.

*

"Rose! I'm back in campus! Can I see you sometime? What about dinner tonight?" my brother's voce happily came through the speaker.

It's been three weeks I'm in college now and it's all been pretty good. Harry seemed to have chilled out and Jess is getting closer and closer to me which is great, friends are always welcomed.

Now, my brother was two years older than me and was in his third year here, with a hockey scholarship, of course.

"Uhm, sure, where?" I smiled to myself.

My brother had always been so nice to me and so protective, even if we used to wrestle when he was still at home.

"Uhm, me and some friends are hanging around Joe's, come join us there at, say, 8?"

"Hope your friends are nice." I didn't wanna go out with a bunch of mean guys for dinner... But I also knew that my brother wouldn't have friends like that.

"I'll take that as a yes then, see you there, sis, I love you!" he shouted the last three words and made me giggle.

"Bye!" I hung up and couldn't help but smile at how much of a child he still was.

Wait, Jess!

'Can I bring a friend? She's my roommate and she's really nice?' I quickly texted him.

Jess slowly opening up to me made me realize that she was quite lonely many times and I did my best to include her in kind of whatever I was doing. Well, if she wasn't out with friends, of course.

'Yeh, sure, she better be hot!'

My brother...

'dinner tonight at Joe's with my bro? he's in his third year here and he's friendly, I promise! :D' I texted Jess and she answered instantly.

'time?'

'8 '

'meet you there! :D'

Well, at least I wasn't going to be there on my own!

"Hey, Rose, coming to English today?" Liam smiled to me as I closed my locker.