Chapter 13 - Holiday spirit.

The wind blew softly through my hair and I welcomed it, I wish it could clear my mind too, it's giving me a horrific time. The image of Liam and that girl on the couch still plays in my head, after all it was only one day ago. I'm not sure what to do about it, I don't even know what to do next; home on Christmas is nice, comforting, but too many questions would be asked and right now I just need to put it all aside, not think of it, even if it seems impossible.

I'm not sure how much time has passed with me lost in my thoughts but a car's honk startles me and I wake from my thinking ocean to see Harry in the driver's seat in a huge, black car. I walk slowly to the passenger window and poke my head through it.

„Come on, up." he instructs.

What the hell? Last night he has been nice to me, even helped me get to sleep, this morning he has been the jerk he is and slammed the door in my face and now he wants me to climb into his car. Seriously, what is wrong with this boy...

„Why?" I simply ask, my voice not so demanding as I intended it to be; oh well, I tried.

„Please, just get up and stop asking so many questions." he growls.

I sigh loudly and oped the door to get in the car.

Did I have anything better to do right now? I was wandering around town with my head full of agressive thoughts, not knowing what to do with my life next, without any friends.

Harry doesn't say a word but instead he turns up the volume to his radio and I look out the window. It's not awkward, I'm way too deep into my thinking to be able to actually process what is going on. I'm not sure if I should ask him something, he seems focused on the road, his figure expresionless; I decide against asking questions, he might get angry and right now I could cry any moment, it's been a tough couple of days.

„Where have you been?" he suddenly asks, turning the radio down so we don't have to shout at each other.

„In my dorm." I lie. He doesn't need to know what I do, anyway.

„No, you weren't." he states like it's a well known fact.

„What? How would you know?" I ask, suprised.

Was he by the dorms? Why was he looking for me anyway and where the hell are we going?

„Where have you been?" he asks again, demanding, avoiding my question.

„Why the hell do you care?" I snap at him; he doesn't need to know every aspect of my life and since when does he even give a damn?

„Rose, did you see Liam?"

„What? No, I didn't, I wouldn't even want to. What is going on?" I insist.

Are we going to his place? The surroundings look familiar but I don't understand, why go back to his house? Oh God, I hope he won't make me talk to Liam or something, that would break me. Not a minute later, we stop right outside his house but he doesn't make any move to get out of the car.

„Look, my parents wanna go ice-skating tonight and they want us to come as well... I hate skating but they insist on dinner, at least. I wanted to ask you if you'll help me." he spoke in a low, steady voice.

I could see he was angry because he had to do this; what was up with his parents? I mean, whoever they are because parents they are not.

I weigh my options here; either I wander even more around town and ignore calls from Liam and Jess and eventually end up back at the dorms probably with Jess asking me a million questions, or I go have a little fun, even a quiet dinner with what seemed to be nice people and... well, Harry.