Beautiful Scars On Critical Veins

"Where are you going?", Jacob asked as I walked down the stairs fully dressed with him following me like a little puppy. "are you meeting Brad?", he then asked and I turned around on the last step and looked at him. "No. I'm not". "I thought you liked him?". Why the hell would he think that? I hated Brad. He was annoying, nosy, had a bad temper and he was a fuck boy. Why would I ever like him? "No. I do not", I said putting pressure on every word trying to make him understand. Did he even know what it means to 'Like someone'? "But doesn't he like you?". I didn't reply as I already knew the answer. He didn't. He just wanted someone in his bed. And it's not going to be me. No way. "I'm going. I'll be home later okay? Can you call me when dad leaves?", I asked and he nodded. I kissed his little precious head and closed the door quietly behind me. I didn't want to wake up dad. He arrived late home after work and he's totally smashed. I put on my glasses and started my walk to the park. I plugged in my earphones listening to the acoustic version of The reckless and the brave. I loved it in the none acoustic version too but I felt the acoustic vibe today. Nothing to make your day better with Alex Gaskarth's voice and a couple of guitars. I made my way down the street and took a turn to the left where I noticed Brad walking next to Hailey. They didn't hold hands and they had a distance. Didn't he say that they were dating? I don't even think that they're talking. I didn't need to talk to him right now. Not after last night. He can't just be all weird and wanting to know my problems and then next getting angry at me for liking Aaron and then leave. I know Aaron and Brad has the same friends but I know Brad doesn't care about me anyways so why does he even bother? I continued walking making the decision that if he noticed me I would just ignore him and pretend I didn't hear him. If he grabs my wrist or something I would just say that I'm in a hurry. I passed Hailey and Brad as I was faster than them but Brad luckily didn't notice me. I mean why would he? I don't think he actually looks at me when he is looking at me. If that makes sense. It's like he's seeing through me pretending to listen but actually he's in his own thoughts. I finally arrived at the park entrance and made my way into the big park. It was beautiful in spring. The leaves was just turning green and the grass was so soft and long. There was flowers in probably every colour and I could hear the birds singing making a perfect harmony. When I walked here I felt so at peace, happy almost. This reminded me of when mom was having Jacob in her belly and we were at this very park in the middle of spring. Dad was helping me climb down from a tree that I had somehow climbed up in without help. How I didn't know. Mom was sitting on the bench waving at me. She knew I wouldn't get hurt. She believed that if I made a mess I could get out of it. And I always could. At least I tried. I got torn out of my thoughts when I realized that I was stopped walking when I reached the fountain in the middle of the park and Aaron was waving his hand in front of me. He looked really cute today. He was wearing a couple of shorts, a black and white baseball top and a pair of vans.  He wasn't wearing a beanie so his hair was falling down in his eyes meaning he had to push it to the side sometimes. His eyes was just as black as the first time I met him and he still had that cute smile on his face. "Clara? Hello?", he asked still waving a hand in front of me. I totally zoned out for the second time. "I'm so sorry! I was in my own thoughts", I smiled and gave him a quick hug. "It's okay. I know that feeling, it's normal". "You look good today", he complimented me and looked me up and down. If it had been Brad I would have been grossed out but with Aaron it was okay. I knew he wasn't as perverted as Brad. I wasn't really wearing any special clothes though. I knew I didn't have to dress up for Aaron. I didn't want to be one of those girls who looks like they're walking on the red carpet every day. I liked to be a little casual. I was wearing black skinny jeans that was ripped in the knees, a black tank top and a blue hoodie. I had my hair up in a messy bun and I was wearing black vans similar to him. "Thanks", I whispered and he sat down on the edge of the fountain making me do the same. "Did you skate here?", I asked and pointed to his skateboard. he nodded and smiled. "Would you like to try?", he asked and my eyes widened. "I-I don't k-know", I stuttered and he placed his hand on my thigh. In an appropriate way though! "Come on. Don't be scared. I will help you", he said and stood up reaching out for my hand. I took it hesitantly and he pulled me up on my feet placing the skateboard down on the ground. "I'm so scared", I whispered making him chuckle. "Nothing will happen I promise. Just step up on the board", he instructed me to do and I obliged. I was so scared of falling. "Don't let go!", I snapped at him as he was about to let go. "calm down! I just wanted to hold you in my other hand", he laughed and took my hand in his other one. "So I will just push you so try and keep your balance", he said and I breathed out. I wasn't that good with balance. He started to push me forward and I screamed making him stop. "You okay?". I nodded and he started to push me again. "Why am I doing this?", I asked myself but realized I said it out loud making him laugh. After a couple of minutes I actually started to be okay good and I pushed him away wanting to try myself. "You sure that's a good idea?", he asked and I just nodded. But of course that was a terrible idea. I fell and crashed right into Brad who apparently was in the same park as me and Aaron with Hailey. I screamed as I landed on top of him making him take the fall for me. When I opened my eyes he was staring right at me with his face only inches from mine. "Omg I'm so s-sorry", I stuttered and rolled to the side so I wasn't on top of him. "don't worry. Are you okay?", he asked and I nodded. "Shit Clara are you okay?", Aaron asked me and helped me standing up. I heard Brad groan before standing up himself. "loser", Brad muttered under his breath making Aaron roll his eyes. "Want to get an ice-cream?", he asked me making me smile. I nodded and he took our hands intertwining our fingers. I turned around to look at Brad who was staring after us with Hailey now glued to his side. Typical.

-

"You've got some ice on your face", I laughed as Aaron dug his face into the ice-cream and got it on his nose. "well take it off! I don't want to look stupid", he laughed back and smiled. I found a tissue and started to clean his face. "Thanks. You've got some too", he replied and I got all red in the face. "Oh my god where?", I asked scared to make a fool out of myself. "Right", he started digging his fingertip into his ice-cream. "There", he finished and put ice-cream on my nose. "AARON", I yelled hiding my nose. "Sorry. Here let me take it", he said taking the tissue I just used. He wiped the ice from my nose just as Brad passed our table. "Why is he everywhere?", Aaron groaned and I laughed. "I don't actually know". Of course he had to chose the table only a few metres away from us and I groaned. "You don't like him either?", he asked and I shrugged. "I don't really like him to be honest. But I don't think he's as tough as he pretends to be", I muttered and made eye contact with him. He smirked at started to make out with Hailey. I rolled my eyes and stood up. "What is it?", Aaron asked. "I'm just thirsty. I'm just going to buy something to drink", I said and he nodded slowly. I made my way to the desk and stood in front of a guy, probably in his 20's who was smirking at me. "So what can I do for you?", he asked still a big smirk on his face. He creeped me a little out to be honest. "J-just a coke", I replied and smiled a little. I was about to pay when he shook his head. "It's on the house baby", he whispered leaning over the desk and I stiffened. That was so gross. I could actually feel the vomit in my throat. "Hey sweetie what are taking you so long?", Brad asked behind me putting his hands on my waist pulling me backwards and snaked his arms around my stomach holding me in a tight grip. "I-I what?", I asked and turned my head. "You said you were just ordering a drink before we had to go. I miss you", he said and kissed my neck. I stiffened even more and I looked at the guy behind the desk. I could feel Brad giving him the glare and he turned around quickly before making my drink. "w-why did you d-do that?", I stuttered. He hadn't let go of me yet. "That guy was a fucking creep. He could have done something", Brad replied still with his hands around my stomach. The guy returned with my drink without looking at me and moved on to the next costumer. I started to walk back to Aaron who was now standing up with an angry face expression. "What the hell are you doing to my girl", he snapped angrily snaking his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. I was still thinking about what Brad did. Even though I knew what Brad could do and how he was I still felt so safe in his arms. Like he knew just how to protect me. Like he wanted to. "You don't even know how to take care of her. That guy was just out to fuck her", Brad replied just as angry. "And you care because? Just stay away I can protect her myself", he replied kissing my temple. "Fine". Brad left without another word and I hid my head on Aarons shoulder. "You okay?", he asked as the door closed behind Brad. "I-I think so", I stuttered and he hugged me. "Let's get you home", he whispered and I nodded. He walked hand in hand home in silence. I listened to the birds and I think he was looking down at me a couple of times. We arrived at my house 10 minutes later and he stopped by my door. "I really enjoyed today", he said and chuckled. "I did too", I whispered. "Sorry about earlier Brad makes my blood boil", he apologized and of course I accepted it. I got him. He placed his hand on my cheek and leaned in to kiss me but got interrupted by someone coughing behind us. I turned around and Brad was standing right behind us looking uncomfortable. "That's gross guys", he said and laughed. "What are you doing here?", I asked. "I'll just leave you guys to it", Aaron said and kissed my cheek before walking past Brad. He looked over his shoulder and winked at me before turning his head back hopping on his skateboard. "I thought we could work on our assignment?". "Fine. But let's do it at your place", I suggested but he shook his head furiously. "no. We cant do that", he replied. "Why?", I asked making him sigh. "Just because. Come on", he said and pointed at the door. I groaned and locked up the door. Just as I stepped in I heard someone cry. "Jacob?", I yelled and I heard him cry louder. I ran into the house to see him at the end of the stairs. It looked like his ankle was broken. "Oh my god", I yelled running to him. I've never heard him cry so much before. "It hurts Clara", he yelled, or practically screamed making me panic. "I I- don't know what to do", I cried and Brad came up behind me. "Let's get him to the hospital", Brad said lifting Jacob up in his arms making him scream once again. "Please be careful". He nodded and I hurried out of the door over to my car and hopped in while Brad sat in the passenger seat. "Why is he so quiet?", I panicked. "He just passed out. It's okay. He's okay. Just drive", Brad reassured me making me start to breathe heavily. "It will be okay Clara"...